Propecia and avodart due the same thing??

ahlender

I have a question. I am 25 years old and I am about a nw 2. Hair loss only runs in my dads side of the family, and my Dad is about 50 and is a NW 4 but with no crown loss, just receding hairline. I have been on avodart for about a year and a few months. I think my hair loss has stayed about the same maybe lost a little. I was thinking about adding propecia every other day to this regiment as I heard people who have taken both alternating are getting pretty good results.. Or should i stop avodart and take just propecia. My Doc prescibed Avodart about a year ago because he had seen better response out of it from his hair loss clients. What do you recommend I should do? I am also using Rogaine 5% which seems to help...

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

I also do a lot of research so I know Avodart is not FDA approved for hairloss and the long term side effects are not know because they do not know the long lasting results of blocking both types of DHT.

Any advise would help

Hi

You don't need both .. Avodart is supposed to block more DHT than Propecia so for the record, it should perform better . If you go off Avodart and on propecia you may have shedding ..

I would stay on the Avodart ( yes, it is not really approved for hairloss)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

i think avodart is suppose to block two types of DHT, while propecia blocks one type.

so clearly hypothetically avodart is suppose to be better, but it hasnt been fda approved to stop hairloss.

but many people have used it and reported that it works for them.

since u are on avodart for a year now and think its working i would continue with it.

i dont think its good to take both propecia and avodart