question about further loss

im currently a 5a, and considering strip surgery which ive been told im a candidate for - both doctors i consulted said theyd do around 3000 grafts in the front area where i have the most loss/thinning. my question is at this point can doctors definitively know where to remove the strip from to guarantee its terminal hair?? my worry was if in later years i progress to a nw6 or 7 my scar would become visible since id lose hair directly above it. i was just worried because you see many guys where that "ring" of hair around their head is tiny, so i was thinking since im ont to that point yet, how would the doc know where exactly to remove the strip from

thanks in advance for any answers!

an ethical doctor, such as the coaltion docs, will take into consideration the possibility of future loss when removing the strip from the donor area; factors such as age, genetics, meds/no meds all need to be taken into consideration for HT surgery in general; if you are a 5a, I would say that there is a general idea where you are headed as far as further loss; also meds are a huge factor; if you are on finasteride further loss in the crown/back area may not be an issue; however, an ethical doc will plan for a worse case scenario; that is part of planning long term when getting a HT; it is not an exact science with "black and white answers." In summary, make sure you have a reputable doc that will look at your HT options now, with regards to the future;