Average cost of transplant- per graft?

Bob_T

Well, the topic says it all. How much does it cost, on average, per graft, for the typical graft?

Are more grafts less expensive? In other words, if you require 3500 grafts, is that generally less expensive than if you required 1000?

I have seen prices anywhere from $2-$10 per graft.

Often the clinics that charge the highest prices, do not perform the procedures that yield the best results. Be careful, if the price is to cheap, there is probably a good reason. Most would agree that they would rather pay a little more to get better results. Remember everyone has limited donor hair. So don't rush to make a decision, you cannot afford to make a mistake. Also, not all clinics charge on a per graft basis. This is because some grafts are much more difficult to prepare (follicular units) than others (mini/micro grafts).

• 12 years later...

LOL that response only took 12 years.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

If you plan on taking a trip to istanbul Turkey, you are looking at about 1 euro per graft (appx. $1.33). If you want a discount usually it's not the price. Generally discounts are offered by transplanting more grafts that what was preliminary agreed upon.

LOL who is planning a transplant. This thread is from 2001. I think you are 12 years too late.......

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson