Opinion wanted on Dr. Barry White in Australia

Lines

I have had 3000+ FU's placed by Barry White over the past 18 months and am delighted with the results. I found Barry to be very professional and very easy to talk to and would certainly recommend him. From what I have seen and experienced he is certainly a long way ahead in terms of technology and expertise than almost all other Aussie HT surgeons.

hi lines,

How many grafts did he say you needed and what norwood do you think you are. I am also considering Barry do do my surgery. mm2 where are you from and do you have any post op pictures?

im from Melbourne. dont have any close up pics of my hairline etc just normal pics of me and my mates and other friends. I understand that Barry runs regular information seminars where you can meet past patients, view their results and ask them questions. You can also view Barry's fu ht which was done by Dr Seager in Canada. I think this would be a good starting point in terms of understanding density levels and hairline structure. It is most important that you understand the difference between a follicular unit transplant and regular grafts because the fu technique is the key to natural looking hair. I also found the nhi website to be informative along with his information booklet. As mentioned I am very happy with my results but as most on this site will tell you - do your research and when the time comes patience and realistic expectations are the keys to a successful ht.

I can't be the first person to notice that your doctor has a very famous name, can I?

I would have thought that Barry White would make for a better OB/GYN than a hair transplant surgeon. icon_wink.gif

Barry White may promise to sing to you during surgery ... but be careful what he does once he gets you under the ether!

Yeah, just kidding. Any other doctors with famous names? (I'd prefer to sit down with Dr. Jennifer Anniston or Dr. Brittney Spears. icon_biggrin.gif)

• 2 weeks later...

>How many grafts did he say you needed and what >norwood do you think you are.

I had my consultation with Dr. White last weekend. He quoted for 2500 grafts ($13750AUD). I would consider myself a Norwood 4 and this was Dr. White's assessment as well.

Lines

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Graft Boy,

You have been a busy new member indeed. 5 out of 7 posts are slamming Dr. Barry White ruthlessly. Let me ask you, are you a former patient or are you someone with an axe to grind? While I must admit that I am not entirely familiar with Dr. Barry White's work, this forum will not be used to slander a physicians work for personal reasons.

I would like a response from you in the next 48 hours concerning this or your posts (all five concerning Dr. White) will be deleted and your posting priveledges will be suspended.

I will say it again, I will NOT tolerate the use of this forum to perpetuate personal vendettas. If someone is a former patient with less-than-adequate results, then by all means, I would love to have your story here. However, to simply lash out for seemingly no reason is irresponsible, childish, and slanderous. It will not be tolerated.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Back on topic, regarding Baz White.

Anyone who has read on this site in the past will be aware that one member had a less than satisfactory result from Dr White.

Others have had different results and post op opinions.

Personally, I considered going to Dr White but was totally put off by his 'Rep' in Sydney who came across as being very hard sell.

I had a bad vibe, and thought that any surgeon who was happy to be represented by a shonkster like the guy who did my assessment, wasn't to be trusted.

I ended up using Dr Knudsen in Sydney and have been very happy with the results.

The jury might be out on Dr White as a surgeon, but he is, by far, the most active in marketing.

Well, I'm really quite sure what he was, but I was waiting for him to open his coat up and show me a selection of wrist watches.

I think it was the comb over that really started the alarm bells ringing.

Anyway, I was very happy with Dr Knudsen.

Knudsen_11.JPG.feea84e91dc5c297d6608393a4e22cdb.JPG

• 3 months later...

I have done my own research on Dr Barry White. I met 2 of his patients who had work done with him and they both looked like they had good work done. Totally natural and both very happy. I have just recently have had 2244 grafts (FUG) of Dr White. 6 days ago to be exact and its going well so far I think. The scar in the back of my head seems only 1-2mm thick. In some areas its hard to find already so I am happy with that aspect. I will let you guys know how my grafts turn out. So far I think its going well and looking as well as expected. Dr White has had a lot of negativity on this forum from a certain memeber. I must say it made me think twice about going to him. However that is one members view and I'll let you guys know how I go. I confident I made the right choice. Probably a little too early to comment to much. I am happy so far though. Oh I might just mention that the day of the procedure went like a breeze and everyone at his clinic including Dr Barry White was superhelpful and made me feel as confor table as possible. icon_smile.gif