Hair restoration for short hair

I am 19 and have a thinning hairline that is slowly receding on the sides and in the corners of the front. I'm trying to stop it and I'm thinking about getting a hair transplant.

My question is can people with really short hair like a 1/4 of an inch get a hair transplant that looks good and real? How bad is the scar on the back of your head? Will I be able continue to wear my hair short and have the scar go unnoticed after a while?And can you choose exactly how you want your hairline to look? I basically just want my hairline to go straight across like it did 2 years ago without having to grow my hair out and change my style. The reason I ask is because most of the pics of hair transplants I see, the guys have long or medium hair. I havent been able to find any medication that claims to stop or regrow hair in the front corner temple regions. They all say that theyre for the crown and the front middle. There has got to be something out there that works for this, I mean it's like the most common and first form of hair loss. Any help, testimonies or before and after pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am 19 and have a thinning hairline that is slowly receding on the sides and in the corners of the front. I'm trying to stop it and I'm thinking about getting a hair transplant.

My question is can people with really short hair like a 1/4 of an inch get a hair transplant that looks good and real? How bad is the scar on the back of your head? Will I be able continue to wear my hair short and have the scar go unnoticed after a while?And can you choose exactly how you want your hairline to look? I basically just want my hairline to go straight across like it did 2 years ago without having to grow my hair out and change my style. The reason I ask is because most of the pics of hair transplants I see, the guys have long or medium hair. I havent been able to find any medication that claims to stop or regrow hair in the front corner temple regions. They all say that theyre for the crown and the front middle. There has got to be something out there that works for this, I mean it's like the most common and first form of hair loss. Any help, testimonies or before and after pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I also am worried about shock loss. Particularly loosing the hair that I already have sounds scary because I read that if your existing hair is weak and is going to fall out soon anyways that it might not grow back at all.Is there anyone here that experienced shock loss to existing natural hair in the frontal temporal regions? If so please respond with your results.

Thank You.

myhairr..... There is no drug other than Propecia/Avodart/Proscar for slowing down hair loss in the top/crown area of the hair, but that's a good place to start. Unfortunately, there's nothing proven to re-grow or even stop hair loss in the front--yet. At only 19 years old you will most certainly be encouraged to start on one of the three meds that I mentioned and of course Rogaine can be applied to the head as a topical foam together, again, with one of the three. The path that is the best, generally speaking, is to start that regime and see how your loss slows down, hopefully, then because of your young age wait to see even further how and if your loss is progressing and eventually get a consult with a doctor who will map out a long-term plan for the best use of your finite donor hair. There's way more to learn about so when others chime in you'll get their advice and directions. Good luck!!

its752

For me it work on the front however did very little for the crown so i had a ht to fill my crown .

Generally there is no difference between the front and the rear of the scalp and i think what mostly happens is that by the time people accept there going bald ,the part of the scalp were the most folicals have been effected by DHT ,whether that is the front or the crown is ultimatly too far gone for finasteride to give major improvements .

Alot of people who have lost hair mostly at the front then don't see much improvement on meds ,but their crown does respond well ,but myself and some other crown baldies have good results at the front but the crown folicals are to far gone to recover on meds .

This is only my own thoughts and experiences ,through what i have witnessed and researched .

I think and i know you agree from what i've read in your post ,that hair loss sucks at any time ,any age and that propecia /proscar and one of the topical lotions you mention are the best way for myhairisrunninlikemedads to start .

good luck myhair

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

myhairisrunnin,

Many hair transplant patients can successfully wear their hair short and still look completely natural however, with follicular unit hair transplantation (FUT) / strip surgery, cutting the sides and back of the head too short runs the risk of revealing the scar. In most cases, and in the hands of a first-rate hair restoration physician, patients can shave the sides and back down to a 3 or 4 clip (maybe even less in some cases) without revealing the scar. Hairline design is also between the patient and the hair transplant surgeon. However, in many cases, it is important to create a conservative and natural hairline rather than re-creating a patient's old lower high school hairline. This is important due to the progressiveness and unpredictability of hair loss.

At 19 years old and minimal hair loss however, you are most likely not a candidate for a hair transplant. As I stated above, hair loss is progressive and unpredictable and the donor hair supply is finite.

See also:

What should I consider for a hair transplant?

Am I Too Young for a Hair Transplant?

I strongly encourage you to research and considering getting on Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil). These hair loss drugs can only state they are for the crown because they've only been formally tested for the crown. Many hair loss sufferers however, have had success with hair regrowth in the front and forelock areas with Propecia and Rogaine. Research and consult with a physician about the benefits, limitations and potential side effects of these hair loss drugs.

I hope this helps.

Bill