Chinese hair restoration - help and advice welcome - McGrath?

redkun9

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the responses! I've had about 3 online consultations, from recommended doctors to the generally accepted elite doctors on this forum. I've had estimates from 2,000 to 3,000, but personally, I'm more comfortable with the 3,000 number.

While being on finasteride for about a year and a half has slowed down the crown loss, I feel most of the frontal third is in varying states of miniaturization, so I feel the 3,000 figure should compensate for any imminent future loss.

I appreciate your comments, Dr. Feller. Actually, I remember seeing your Chinese patient's results on the forum while I was researching Asian patients. It was one of the first Asian patients where I was like, "Okay, so this HT thing could work for me". If you don't mind, could you provide your professional opinion on my situation (on the forum or PM). I sent some pics for a consultation a while back, but I think they got lost somewhere in the interweb tubes.

Cheers

It looks like you have continuing diffuse hairloss, therefore, I would do as many grafts as possible BUT I would spread it over a slightly larger area than I did on the patient I included in the link of my last post to give you some decent coverage. I would recommend rebuilding from the hairline to just before the mid-scalp based on the photos.

Hope this helps,

-Dr. F