Hiar loss and best herbs

ilham

Hi,

I know there is no direct answer to best drug for hair loss. I am in mid 30s with considerable hair loss. I have thyroid problem and iron deficiency. Both are major factors. I've been using moxidil 5% for a month now but still losing my hair. If this doesn't work, I will have to face a transplant which I don't have the $$$ for.

Now, I am thinking of herbal or natural cures, Anything out there?

I came across all of these but where do I start from?

- B complex, rosemary, C and E vitamins as well as Zinc, Biotin, brewer's yeast, brown rice, bulgur, green peas, lentils, oats, soybeans, sunflower seeds, and walnut, apple cider vinegar and sage tea, Red Clover (Trifolium) and wheat grass

- Avoid caffeine, white sugar, white wheat

- Also diet affect hair loss

Where do I start?

Based on other folks response a month on minoxodil is just not enough. Hang in there. Herbal solutions apparently just don't cut the mustard when it comes to MPB hairloss.

A month on minoxidil is not enough time to gauge its efficacy on you.

However, if you have a thyroid condition and/or diet deficiencies that contribute to your hair loss then you are only putting a band-aid on the problem.

I would follow your physicians' diet recommendations to the "Tee" and definitely get on a high-quality multi-vitamin that has iron (per your physicians' guidance, of course).

Stay on the minoxidil for now if you can see yourself using it for an indefinite period of time. You must continue to utilize the medication for as long as you wish to see its benefit. Shortly after discontinuing, you will lose its' benefits. It is a very shocking event to witness!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

Sounds like you may not have male pattern hair loss. It sounds as though your hair loss could be the direct result of your underactive thyroid gland. I also know that an iron deficiency can contribute to weak thinning hair. Did your doctor run any thyroid tests on you? If so, what did he suggest as a possible treatment?