Shedding 3 months on Propecia

funkymunky

Hi,

I am new to this board so please excuse if I am going over old ground. I have been taking Propecia for nearly the end of 3 months now and have been having some shedding for the last couple of months.

Does this seem normal it is just because it is disheartening to see and throws yur confidence in the "shall I keep on it or not" department.

Any advice would be VERY much appreciated.

Manky Thanks,

NP

Hello and welcome to the boards. I don't know that Propecia can necessarily be to blame for the shedding. Our hair goes through natural cycles of shedding anyway, and whether or not you are on Propecia, you may have been shedding anyway. My advice would be, 3 months is way too early to tell if Propecia will work for you. My advice would be...if you are not experiencing side effects, to stay on it. Start taking pictures of your hair and top of your head from every angle and monitor progress by comparing pictures every 3 months. Ultimately, as long as you are not losing anymore hair, it is working for you. But it is good to give Propecia at least a year before quitting early unless you are experiencing side effects. I am not a doctor and this is just my opinion.

Bill

Three months is way too early to determine Propecia's efficacy. Stick with it. Any shedding that you are experiencing can actually be construed as a sign that it is working.

Stick with it. If you have gone three months, it will only look better from here on.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog