HT by Dr. Siporin

HK500

Hi all,

I just updated my photos and description in the patient results section for all to see, feel free to comment. Thank you.

On August 29, 2008 I received my third HT and my second with Dr. Siporin.

If you are familiar with my blog and past experiences you'll know that I have been looking for more density rather than coverage and I'll be the first to admit that I am picky!! Dr. Siporin has been very understanding and supportive and 19 months after my 2nd HT we decided to do it again.

In summary I had my first HT with Dr. Straub on 8/27/03 with 849 FU, my second HT with Dr. Siporin on 1/25/07 with 1,305 FU and my third and I hope final HT again with Dr. Siporin on 8/29/08 with 1022 FU.

Next week I will have the breakdown of the follicular units, more details and pictures since this is Labor Day weekend.

Multiple factors contributed to my desire for more density after the second HT, which I was hoping to be the final stint. I did get some noticeable shock loss after the second HT in spite of having been on Finasteride for a few years I had a bit of miniaturization all over and it did not like the relative shock of the second HT, in spite of Dr. Siporin great skill and ultra refined techniques, finally I'll add that the "Hair Greed" bug influenced me...

So here I am, the day after my third HT, feeling great after a restful night, no need for any pain pills whatsoever, not a bit of staining on my head pillow, just taking easy and writing about my experience. Tomorrow I'll wash my hair per the post op instructions and I'll get back in the office next Friday for the removal of the stitches.

Yesterday everything went as planned, this was not a large session by any means. After discussing the location of the donor strip we agreed it would be in the same place as the last one so as not to create a third scar. Dr. Siporin impressed me by reaching a count very close to our target of 1,000 by slicing around my almost invisible last scar and got 1,022 FU in spite of the relative loss resulting from the trychophitic scar. His new trychophitic closure was also more challenging due the underlying scar tissue but it looked great in the end.

Three techs were present, Leonor gave me all the shots and she is just as good as Ishmael who could not make it this time, she has a soft touch and I barely felt the injections and her graft placement was very gentle as well, she was also on the table with the microscope with Raquel and Jay for the strip dissection into the FU. Raquel was great as usual as was Jay who left early but this not being a large session the manpower was most needed at the time of the dissection. Toward the end Dr. Siporin came in to create a few more recipient sites for the remaining few FU left to implant.

Update of September 14, 2008

- I just uploaded better pictures.

- I will also update my Hair Web log accordingly.

- To create the recipient sites Dr Siporin used 0.75mm blades and very small (0.7mm) 20 gauge solid core needles, he was wearing magnifying lenses throughout.

- Roughly in the middle of the HT I received a shot in the arm of Dexamethasone (sp?), which resulted in having absolutely no forehead swelling, I recommend it.

- My donor strip was 19cm x 1.1cm. It was sliced around the previous closure, it ends on the right side touching my very first scar from August 2003, this way I still only have 2 closures for 3 HT's.

- They harvested 1,022 FU's. 36 triples, 493 doubles and 493 singles (what a coincidence)

- Some doubles were dissected into singles under the microscope because most of this HT was near the hairline, it was important to obtain as many single FU's as possible.

Dr. Siporin took out most of the closure stitches on day 10 after the HT, he asked me to come back 2 days later to take out the remaining few (4 I believe). This was a technically complicated closure since it took place on top of a previously harvested strip and also connected with the first HT donor scar.

About six days after the HT all the recipient area scabs were gone, no pain ever in the donor or recipient sites. The main difference with the previous HT is this time around I felt slightly more tension in the donor area because of the more complicated placement of the closure and this being harvest #3. All my natural sensations are now returning in the donor area, it started getting back to normal 15 days after the HT or 3 days after the last few stitches were removed. This time I let my scalp heal by keeping it mostly dry, the scabs hang on longer but it seems to work better with my lifestyle.

Now the wait, which is the hardest part.

Hi all,

I just updated my photos and description in the patient results section for all to see, feel free to comment. Thank you.

On August 29, 2008 I received my third HT and my second with Dr. Siporin.

If you are familiar with my blog and past experiences you'll know that I have been looking for more density rather than coverage and I'll be the first to admit that I am picky!! Dr. Siporin has been very understanding and supportive and 19 months after my 2nd HT we decided to do it again.

In summary I had my first HT with Dr. Straub on 8/27/03 with 849 FU, my second HT with Dr. Siporin on 1/25/07 with 1,305 FU and my third and I hope final HT again with Dr. Siporin on 8/29/08 with 1022 FU.

Next week I will have the breakdown of the follicular units, more details and pictures since this is Labor Day weekend.

Multiple factors contributed to my desire for more density after the second HT, which I was hoping to be the final stint. I did get some noticeable shock loss after the second HT in spite of having been on Finasteride for a few years I had a bit of miniaturization all over and it did not like the relative shock of the second HT, in spite of Dr. Siporin great skill and ultra refined techniques, finally I'll add that the "Hair Greed" bug influenced me...

So here I am, the day after my third HT, feeling great after a restful night, no need for any pain pills whatsoever, not a bit of staining on my head pillow, just taking easy and writing about my experience. Tomorrow I'll wash my hair per the post op instructions and I'll get back in the office next Friday for the removal of the stitches.

Yesterday everything went as planned, this was not a large session by any means. After discussing the location of the donor strip we agreed it would be in the same place as the last one so as not to create a third scar. Dr. Siporin impressed me by reaching a count very close to our target of 1,000 by slicing around my almost invisible last scar and got 1,022 FU in spite of the relative loss resulting from the trychophitic scar. His new trychophitic closure was also more challenging due the underlying scar tissue but it looked great in the end.

Three techs were present, Leonor gave me all the shots and she is just as good as Ishmael who could not make it this time, she has a soft touch and I barely felt the injections and her graft placement was very gentle as well, she was also on the table with the microscope with Raquel and Jay for the strip dissection into the FU. Raquel was great as usual as was Jay who left early but this not being a large session the manpower was most needed at the time of the dissection. Toward the end Dr. Siporin came in to create a few more recipient sites for the remaining few FU left to implant.

Update of September 14, 2008

- I just uploaded better pictures.

- I will also update my Hair Web log accordingly.

- To create the recipient sites Dr Siporin used 0.75mm blades and very small (0.7mm) 20 gauge solid core needles, he was wearing magnifying lenses throughout.

- Roughly in the middle of the HT I received a shot in the arm of Dexamethasone (sp?), which resulted in having absolutely no forehead swelling, I recommend it.

- My donor strip was 19cm x 1.1cm. It was sliced around the previous closure, it ends on the right side touching my very first scar from August 2003, this way I still only have 2 closures for 3 HT's.

- They harvested 1,022 FU's. 36 triples, 493 doubles and 493 singles (what a coincidence)

- Some doubles were dissected into singles under the microscope because most of this HT was near the hairline, it was important to obtain as many single FU's as possible.

Dr. Siporin took out most of the closure stitches on day 10 after the HT, he asked me to come back 2 days later to take out the remaining few (4 I believe). This was a technically complicated closure since it took place on top of a previously harvested strip and also connected with the first HT donor scar.

About six days after the HT all the recipient area scabs were gone, no pain ever in the donor or recipient sites. The main difference with the previous HT is this time around I felt slightly more tension in the donor area because of the more complicated placement of the closure and this being harvest #3. All my natural sensations are now returning in the donor area, it started getting back to normal 15 days after the HT or 3 days after the last few stitches were removed. This time I let my scalp heal by keeping it mostly dry, the scabs hang on longer but it seems to work better with my lifestyle.

Now the wait, which is the hardest part.