Which of these surgeons should I choose?? And correct no. of grafts?

Hi there,

I`ve been to see the two transplant surgeons in Mendoza, Argentina where I live and I just wanted to get your opinion on which to choose... both will do follicular unit transplants and my hair-loss status is at "level 3"

Medical Hair

------------

- said they`d do upwards of 2000 units (6000 hairs) for 3000 pesos

- said they`d do some kind of blood test first

- said there`d be a kind of bandage on after which they`d take off after a day

- there didn`t seem to be much traffic at this place, no one in that day anyway

- the surgeon did other plastic surgery work, not just hair

- showed me pics of other patients but weren`t too helpful when i asked if i could speak to any of them

- to be honest i didn`t really get a good feeling for the surgeon or the place

Hair Recovery Argentina

-----------------------

- this shop has a high profile central location and what seemed like more patients

- the surgeon only did hair

- they would do just over 1000 (half of the amount the other place said!) units for 3500 pesos

- I got to speak to one patient from about a year ago with good results and one guy that had just come out; both spoke highly

As you can prob tell, I`m leaning towards the second place, the only doubts I have are that the first place said they`d do twice as many units. What is the right number of units for level 3 hairloss - around 1000 or 2000?

Also that the first place said they`d do a blood test and the second place did not - what`s the norm?

Thanks,

John

Hi there,

I`ve been to see the two transplant surgeons in Mendoza, Argentina where I live and I just wanted to get your opinion on which to choose... both will do follicular unit transplants and my hair-loss status is at "level 3"

Medical Hair

------------

- said they`d do upwards of 2000 units (6000 hairs) for 3000 pesos

- said they`d do some kind of blood test first

- said there`d be a kind of bandage on after which they`d take off after a day

- there didn`t seem to be much traffic at this place, no one in that day anyway

- the surgeon did other plastic surgery work, not just hair

- showed me pics of other patients but weren`t too helpful when i asked if i could speak to any of them

- to be honest i didn`t really get a good feeling for the surgeon or the place

Hair Recovery Argentina

-----------------------

- this shop has a high profile central location and what seemed like more patients

- the surgeon only did hair

- they would do just over 1000 (half of the amount the other place said!) units for 3500 pesos

- I got to speak to one patient from about a year ago with good results and one guy that had just come out; both spoke highly

As you can prob tell, I`m leaning towards the second place, the only doubts I have are that the first place said they`d do twice as many units. What is the right number of units for level 3 hairloss - around 1000 or 2000?

Also that the first place said they`d do a blood test and the second place did not - what`s the norm?

Thanks,

John

More is not necessarily better. From the criteria that you listed on each clinic, I would say that the second is certainly your best bet on just the premise that the second physician concentrates solely on hair restoration alone. However, please use due diligence in your selection process no matter what the criteria - you only get one scalp.

Here is a list of suggestions for selecting a quality hair restoration physician:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Does the physician take a holistic approach to hair restoration? Your physician should help you evaluate all your options, surgical and non surgical.

<LI>Have they made the investment in time and resources to do large sessions of micro follicular unit hair transplantation? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification with the capability of producing more than 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.

<LI>Choose a hair restoration clinic that is patient focused rather than commercially focused. Some clinics emphasize revenue, speed and volume rather than dedicating the time and individual care needed to produce optimal results. These commercial operations typically rely on heavy advertising rather than satisfied patient or doctor referrals.

<LI>Is hair restoration the primary focus of their practice? Outstanding results require a physician and a full staff who perform hair restoration surgery on a regular basis. Doing hair restoration as a sideline, along with other cosmetic procedures, may hinder their ability to do large sessions of highly refined follicular unit transplantation.

<LI>How many patients has this physician produced excellent results for? Like any skill, experience over time is critical to acquiring the skill and judgment required to produce excellent results.

<LI>Can the physician provide at least a dozen sets of detailed patient before and after photographs? Do they also have patients who are willing to speak with you and meet with you in person?

I am also happy to hear that you are talking to previous patients of the physicians. Be sure to talk to them outside of the clinics to make sure that you are getting the whole story.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I suggest u wait.Do a bit more research.

If you are a nw3, you may lose more hair over period of time. What if you end up a nw6.

With 2000 grafts already used up for your hairline where do you get more grafts to fill the very large void behind.

Always consider the worst possible scenario when starting off with your first hair transplant.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.