surgery to make my hair thicker!!

my hair is really thin on the top and some hair doesnt grow long as the rest,and it's stable like this from like 4 yrs ago,and i was wondering if i can have the HT surgery to make my hair thicker ,or will i have to wait till i become sure i wont lose any more hair?i'm 26 yrs old now,i attached a pic of my top hair for u to see[a>image=62295_ld_122_727lo.JPG]th_62295_ld_122_727lo.JPG[/url][/img]

<a href=th_62295_ld_122_727lo.JPG' alt='th_62295

my hair is really thin on the top and some hair doesnt grow long as the rest,and it's stable like this from like 4 yrs ago,and i was wondering if i can have the HT surgery to make my hair thicker ,or will i have to wait till i become sure i wont lose any more hair?i'm 26 yrs old now,i attached a pic of my top hair for u to see[a>image=62295_ld_122_727lo.JPG]th_62295_ld_122_727lo.JPG[/url][/img]

<a href=th_62295_ld_122_727lo.JPG' alt='th_62295

mody,

Welcome to the forums.

Just so you understand how hair transplantation works...it does not make your existing hair thicker. It's a surgical procedure which moves hair from the sides and back of your head and transplants it on top.

Before considering an HT, have you tried finasteride and/or minoxodil? These are the only two medications that have proven to help slow down hairloss and maybe even regrow some hair.

I am not ruling out hair transplantation for you, but I suggest you try the medication first for at least 6 months to a year to see if that works for you.

After that, consider consulting with one of the coalition doctors: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp. Please do NOT let location determine which doctor you select. Physician selection is CRITICAL to ensuring a positive experience.

I hope this helps get you started.

Bill