back to work?

hey everybody! i'm new to this, any ideas when i can go back to work following surgery without everyone asking what happened to my head (what does it look like at 2 days, 4 days, etc.) thanx for the help!

ratso;

I've heard 2 weeks; and this will vary by individual. I'm taking 3 weeks off to ensure better healing. My Dr. told me that by taking 3 weeks off work, I should have no problems.

mykscott

I had transplants done on a Friday and returned to work on Monday. I wore a Beret and was surprised that only one person asked me why I was wearing it. I told the truth, because I'm just not a good liar. I figured, the hell with it. Quite a few people said the beret looked good on me. I bought an expensive one, hoping it would look like I was "making a choice." to wear it. I told my friends and my family about the transplants before hand. I knew all of them would comment on the beret and I just didn't want to squirm under the weight of the concealed truth. Everyone was very positive about the transplants. However, I drew the line at showing the scabs-off.

Although I had no swelling at all, I had plenty of ugly scabs. They fell off after about two weeks. There was some discoloration. Since I had some of my own hair left, Topik worked surprisingly well to conceal the discoloration and give me a much fuller look.

If you don't want anyone to know you had surgery and you don't want to go the hat route, you'd better plan on at least two weeks off from work.

Everybody heals differently. Some fast, some slow. Some have swelling, some don't. Some recipient scabs come off earlier on some people than others. You need to have an idea about your own healing process.

For me, I planned on two weeks. However, I ended up needing more. I worked from home for 4 weeks. I was fortunate that I could do that. I needed all 4.

I would take off two weeks' minimum, which I have for the two I have had. Try the Graft Cyte KIT. That sped up the scabs falling off. If it's your first procedure and you are totally bald an top, There will evidence for two months minimum, (redness, lumps)I have heard people saying return to work in a couple of days, no one will notice. Bull. I went back to work after two weeks on the first one and was sweating it every second. If you can wear a hat, fine. I wear a suit to work so the baseball cap doesen't cut it.

Good luck...

hey everybody! i'm new to this, any ideas when i can go back to work following surgery without everyone asking what happened to my head (what does it look like at 2 days, 4 days, etc.) thanx for the help!

another good idea is to apply vitamin e gel to the scabs and the suture line, it makes your hair greasy but it definately helps with the scabs falling off.

I was out of work (not by my choice!) at the time of my surgery, but I didn't go out in public without a hat for 2 weeks after the surgery. For my next surgery I plan to take a week off work and then wear a hat for the next week. By then the scabs will be totally gone. I guess I'm lucky, as I didn't have any significant redness after about 2 weeks.