Made the 1st step!

lonez

26 i am...Ok i went to true and dorin today and had my meeting with doc dorin. He said that i am a good candidate and that i would need 1300 grafts to repair a hairline. HE said that i had corse hair and good donor hair. He said my crown looked a little thin but it always looks like that with gel in it and brushed in the cesar. I told him i was on propecia and had been taking it for three years. He said i will probably lose more hair in my life but the propecia could have saved what i have. I figure it did as my crown has stayed with me scince propecia. I have always had the receding hairline as my problem. I met one patient and the results looked good. I am just concerned about the donor scar as he sai it would be long yet thin!! Are donor scars really noticable??? Any comments would help...Heres my pics.Untitled-1.jpg

26 i am...Ok i went to true and dorin today and had my meeting with doc dorin. He said that i am a good candidate and that i would need 1300 grafts to repair a hairline. HE said that i had corse hair and good donor hair. He said my crown looked a little thin but it always looks like that with gel in it and brushed in the cesar. I told him i was on propecia and had been taking it for three years. He said i will probably lose more hair in my life but the propecia could have saved what i have. I figure it did as my crown has stayed with me scince propecia. I have always had the receding hairline as my problem. I met one patient and the results looked good. I am just concerned about the donor scar as he sai it would be long yet thin!! Are donor scars really noticable??? Any comments would help...Heres my pics.Untitled-1.jpg

Well ,IMO you still have too much hair to be a true candidate for surgery.You also have natural Ceasar like hair,even the sides and feel you could keep this looking good for many years.You may be a good candidate(based on your donor) but certainly not a great one at this point based on the amount of hair you still have,your age and the amount you have yet to lose. I would wait until you are.I also noticed you have very few posts here and might go so far as to advise you to research for another few months before you commit to surgery.I am sure Dr. Dorin did a family history with you and outlined the master plan for your future hairloss and future surgeries you will *need* if you have the first one.I hope opened dialog about shockloss was a major topic as you appear to have alot of at risk hair. To break even after a surgery and be commited to more can be a major *dissapointment* at best.As far a the scar goes I am sure it would be a thin one as he is one of the better doctors out there but I don't think this should be your main concern.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Lonez your hair looks like my was when i had my 1st procedure June 2004.I had 1300 grafts in my 1st procedure and it made a huge difference to my hairline,was well worth the money.The scar is that small a line that nobody will ever see it because your hair will cover it up.Just as long as you know that it does scar but.Ill send you a pic of my 1st procedure of 1300 grafts.If you would like further pics up until today as i have had 2 procedures now ,email me off my website and ill be happy to forward them to you.

Rgds

Damo

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo/

immediately_after_procedure_June_2004.JPG.b8e02ea906a85692d12a827891961cb2.JPG

Well first off thanks for the imput from both sides, Now these are mine. I really have been dealing with baldness since i was twenty and am really sick of it. I have used and still used propecia and rogaine hopeing but as a realist know what they can do. I am happy that i was able to keep my hair and the thickness due to the propecia. Now i feel that i want that hairline back especially in my twentys...I know it is a big step and just feel that now is the time to have hair as u get older more people lose hair and your life changes in society and status of life. Being young i should have a hairline and want what i was never able to have through my twentys. Thanks for the comments. Damo was 1300 really good and do u have any scar pictures? How has this benefited u????

Thanks ALL

Hey lonez -

check my before and afters.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=

I had 2100 temples to crown. this might help you decide on how many. Talk more to your doctor about what areas and maybe even specific hairs he thinks are candidates for shock loss. If his answers don't satisfy you (and even if they do) consult with other doctors. Read everything on this website, check up on the doctors listed here. Even consider traveling for your HT before you decide. Don't make any decisions based on the thought of getting it done quickly, THAT WILL BE YOUR BIGGEST MISTAKE. Besides, listen to yourself, "I am happy that i was able to keep my hair and the thickness due to the propecia", hold out until you are totally satisfied with the answers and choices. The procedure / doctor / location / quantity should have complete answers with reguard to planning for the future, (further loss, more HTs). The first one is the most important. icon_smile.gif

Shiny Side Up!!

I had 1400 grafts with Dr. True Dorin's partner 4 months ago. Everything went great and my hair is growing as we speak. I was worried about the scar too. At 4 month's you can't see it on a 2 guard an my head ( my donor area is thick). I'm looking forward to my post 4 month HT

improvements

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!