BimmerRick - 2500 Dr Cooley May 18, 2006

After years of deliberating the decision, I finally scheduled and followed through with a consultation with Dr. Jerry Cooley on May 10, 2006. I started thinning significantly in college ??“ 25 years ago now ??“ and ultimately advanced to a Bald Class 5 my mid 30's. While I had learned to live with baldness, it surely wasn't my choice. However, I was much more confident about living with hair loss than I was about talking to a physician about the possibility of doing something about it. Tripping across this site while searching for latest advances and miracle cures made all the difference. I owe Pat The Publisher of This Community a great debt of gratitude, as well as all you other members who have shared your experiences. As a result of all that information, I went to my consultation with few questions remaining other than whether or not I was a candidate, and if so, when I could schedule.

The consultation began with Ailene, Dr. Cooley's assistant, who is regularly praised in many of these threads. I can confirm every word is true ??“ she is the best. I can't say enough about Dr. Cooley's talents and professional style ??“ I truly can't remember getting this much personal attention and support at any time in my adult life, particularly from a physician. I had a 2500 graft session on May 18, and it was an experience I won't forget ??“ absolutely positive in every way. The long version of my experience is written in excruciating detail on my blog ??“ I'd encourage anyone who's interested in my impressions of this truly great doctor to check it out.

At one month out, virtually all of my transplanted hair has been shed, but I can feel the little whisker-like growth indicating my future appearance is alive and well. I'll do my best to update pictures as milestones and noteworthy things occur. In the meantime, I'm attaching the before and after pictures Dr. Cooley took the day of and the day immediately following surgery, along with a picture I took a week out. Although the pictures are also on the blog, they're such a great testament to Dr. Cooley's work that I think they're worthy of duplication here.

8821010172_AB81BE0AA6F6F2DB3A808D7E837A2565.jpg.thumb 8321010172_761AD5D53B403AD16D6171B5C08B54E3.jpg.thumb 3221078542_4BFE52601C03261CA86F4B5A0E7DBD05.jpg.thumb 2621010172_F0635FBC70996E0E466C9CDCA0ABFAED.jpg.thumb 2221078542_53EAA45B071F8876527050282F6C165E.jpg.thumb 1221078542_C51E48C07DE86312D371FE92AEDAA857.jpg.thumb

After years of deliberating the decision, I finally scheduled and followed through with a consultation with Dr. Jerry Cooley on May 10, 2006. I started thinning significantly in college ??“ 25 years ago now ??“ and ultimately advanced to a Bald Class 5 my mid 30's. While I had learned to live with baldness, it surely wasn't my choice. However, I was much more confident about living with hair loss than I was about talking to a physician about the possibility of doing something about it. Tripping across this site while searching for latest advances and miracle cures made all the difference. I owe Pat The Publisher of This Community a great debt of gratitude, as well as all you other members who have shared your experiences. As a result of all that information, I went to my consultation with few questions remaining other than whether or not I was a candidate, and if so, when I could schedule.

The consultation began with Ailene, Dr. Cooley's assistant, who is regularly praised in many of these threads. I can confirm every word is true ??“ she is the best. I can't say enough about Dr. Cooley's talents and professional style ??“ I truly can't remember getting this much personal attention and support at any time in my adult life, particularly from a physician. I had a 2500 graft session on May 18, and it was an experience I won't forget ??“ absolutely positive in every way. The long version of my experience is written in excruciating detail on my blog ??“ I'd encourage anyone who's interested in my impressions of this truly great doctor to check it out.

At one month out, virtually all of my transplanted hair has been shed, but I can feel the little whisker-like growth indicating my future appearance is alive and well. I'll do my best to update pictures as milestones and noteworthy things occur. In the meantime, I'm attaching the before and after pictures Dr. Cooley took the day of and the day immediately following surgery, along with a picture I took a week out. Although the pictures are also on the blog, they're such a great testament to Dr. Cooley's work that I think they're worthy of duplication here.

8821010172_AB81BE0AA6F6F2DB3A808D7E837A2565.jpg.thumb 8321010172_761AD5D53B403AD16D6171B5C08B54E3.jpg.thumb 3221078542_4BFE52601C03261CA86F4B5A0E7DBD05.jpg.thumb 2621010172_F0635FBC70996E0E466C9CDCA0ABFAED.jpg.thumb 2221078542_53EAA45B071F8876527050282F6C165E.jpg.thumb 1221078542_C51E48C07DE86312D371FE92AEDAA857.jpg.thumb

• 2 weeks later...

where is your blog? wondering why you did not do your crown as well?

wes@movers.com

Originally posted by BimmerRick:

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Wes:

where is your blog? wondering why you did not do your crown as well?

wes@movers.com

Sorry Wes - missed your post originally. Hope you've found my blog by now. Short answer to your second question is limited resources - $ and donor hair. I'm conserving both until I have a good indication of whether or not the top needs more work. Plus, I'm 48 years old, so my first goal was to restore a receding but distinct hairline. I'm happy with the result - see updated post with more recent photos.

It wouldn't be me with a full head of hair - I've been on the way to baldness since my early 20's. If I do anything more, it would be along the lines of reducing the size of the bald circle at the crown, but probably not eliminating it. Hope this is responsive and makes sense.

Mark - I'm guessing you're the Cooley marathon man. When I had my HT in May, Dr. Cooley casually mentioned that soon they were going to do a 4000 session. I can't remember Brandi's quip, but it was sharp. Anyway, how long did your session take? I started at 7 AM and ended about 7 PM with 2600 - but admittedly, the last hour or so was limited to Dr. Cooley refining to get things just right...

Hope you make great progress quickly. It is astounding how fast things go when they finally take off. I know you're going to be happy with the result.