Lasercomb

Received a mailer from Spencer Forrest "The Toppiks Company" about a new Laser comb that suggests hair regrowth via cold beam laser light.

I am considering trying it since it comes with a 12 week guarentee.

Do any of you good folks have any knowledge or personal experience with this product? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Redoak

• 2 weeks later...

It is too early to report much about the laser comb at this point but it is making my hair more manageable and healthier.

I have been using it for one month 3x/week. Now I will start to use it 2x/week as the instructions say.

The pictures posted on the lasermax comb hair site are encouraging and the clinical trials for FDA approval for hair loss is going well.

Most people see results after 4 months or so. I am hoping I am one of them as my transplant left my hair worse than before I had it.

hi toofunnyman...

i'm considering my first HT and still have a lot of hair up front and top but thinning rapidly... i'm curious - what happened that made you look worse?

thanks for the reponse...

DZ

I had massive shedding and thinning all over from the transplant and most of it didn't grow back as well as I don't think many of the transplanted hair grew.

As to why? No doctor has told me exactly why this would happen.

icon_confused.gif

Who did your HT? did they plant in an area with a lot of hair? did you discuss it with him after the fact?

I'm sorry to hear about that experience...is the HT growing in already and will you be doing another one?

cheers and keep smilng (its hard i know but try)

DZ

I have only been in contact with Dr Beehner via email because I don't live in the same country as him. I chose to go to him for my transplant because he has dealt with many women.

Once I see him in person which I am hoping to do soon, I will let you know more.

He did write me and said, "Partly because of your experience, in women who have reasonably dense

hair, not extremely thin as the majority of the women in my album which I

showed you are, I have now started using the "stick and place" method,

whereby I make only 3-4 holes with smaller than usual needles in between the

existing hairs and then place the FU's immediately myself. Since I refuse to

delegate any making of the holes to assistants (as most of the docs who do

this technique do), it means that I have to place them all myself, which

takes a little longer, but I have pleased with the technique so far. We have

done it on a couple of men who only needed hair densened up in the very

front."

• 1 month later...

Toofunnyman,

I have been wanting to try the lasercomb, have you seen any results yet? Does it make your hair fall out?

Thanks

Candidate

• 1 year later...

i too am considering this...

is this virtually the same thing you pay to have done at hair clinics...

will it help keep all the hair you have or just slow it down...

is it genuine? you have to be so careful as there are many cons..

• 3 weeks later...

It is too early to report much about the laser comb at this point but it is making my hair more manageable and healthier.

I have been using it for one month 3x/week. Now I will start to use it 2x/week as the instructions say.

The pictures posted on the lasermax comb hair site are encouraging and the clinical trials for FDA approval for hair loss is going well.

Most people see results after 4 months or so. I am hoping I am one of them as my transplant left my hair worse than before I had it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I've tried it and it actually caused a lot of irritation on my scalp. And when I tried to take advantage of the 12 week guarantee, I had trouble to the point I had to get my attorney involved. The product didn't work for me, but I do know that I don't trust a company that won't honor its guarantee.