How Long Will Propecia Last For...?

Hey guys, how is everybody? Just wondering how long Propecia has been known to last for? Is there anybody out there that has been on Propecia for more than 5 years that can answer this? Any and all comments are welcome...

Cheers,

danger

Hey guys, how is everybody? Just wondering how long Propecia has been known to last for? Is there anybody out there that has been on Propecia for more than 5 years that can answer this? Any and all comments are welcome...

Cheers,

danger

I have been on Finasteride (Propecia) for four years in January, and so far, I have seen no reduction in its effectiveness. Since I started taking it, my hair loss has virtually halted altogether. I also have a readily-available comparison study, since I have an identical twin. He apparently has not been taking anything for his hair loss, since he's lost significant hair in the last four years.

Tedd

• 3 weeks later...

I just started taking Propecia and am curious as well about it effectiveness long-term. I'm assuming that as I get older (41 now) and things begin to slow down, that my level of hair loss will also slow down to the point where the Propecia will no longer be needed. Then of course the question is when will that be - 50? 60? 70 . . . ?

Since I'm considering another HT, I'd like to get some sense of whether or not I can rely on Propecia to help me out over the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is consensus that the best results you'll have with Finasteride can generally be observed after 12 to 18 months of use. After that, if you're really sensitive to the drug, you might get a slight improvement for the next 2 or 3 years. After 5 years, continuous use should still help with maintaining your existing hair but that's all you'll get from it. Which doesn't mean you should stop taking it of course! Some of the guys here (Smoothy, arfy?) have been taking it for 9 or 10 years I believe.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day