measure of success?

question for all?

an ht is a two part procedure,recipient and donor.after two ht's my second 2 months ago,i am very happy with the recipient area as it looks great,however my scalp is tight and as with the first ht,my scar on one side has healed wide and has stretched to about 1/4 of an inch,and is still sore on that one side.so do we feel it's a success if the recipient area looks good and the donor area heals a little wide,just wondering some thoughts on that.also do most people actually achieve pencil thin scars,or are they the minority? How do we judge success?

question for all?

an ht is a two part procedure,recipient and donor.after two ht's my second 2 months ago,i am very happy with the recipient area as it looks great,however my scalp is tight and as with the first ht,my scar on one side has healed wide and has stretched to about 1/4 of an inch,and is still sore on that one side.so do we feel it's a success if the recipient area looks good and the donor area heals a little wide,just wondering some thoughts on that.also do most people actually achieve pencil thin scars,or are they the minority? How do we judge success?

figsy,

ideally, you want both recipient and donor site to be excellent. however, every patient is different and every doctor is different as well.

in my opionion, since your donor scar has stretched, basically you are limited with the style of hair you can do. now you must grow your hair longer to cover the scar.

another alternative would be to have another HT to add density and to remove the old scar and replace it with a thin one.

good luck..... icon_wink.gif

hey texas,how bout them cowboys.

thanx for the reply,it's not been a cosmetic issue for me as far as eyeing the scar from the back unless you know what to look for,as only ht vets do,however balloonman is correct in that if

tension is present the first time and you stretch you can bet you'll stretch the second and subsequent times as well.