s l o w growth

skinnyvi

i'm at about 4.5 months and don't see any growth at all from a 2600 ht. the dr said has said "i'm sure it's growing - you will see it in 8-11 months" . but i really don't see anything and i have thin hair so it is easy to see. is there a thing as an ht not working??

i'm at about 4.5 months and don't see any growth at all from a 2600 ht. the dr said has said "i'm sure it's growing - you will see it in 8-11 months" . but i really don't see anything and i have thin hair so it is easy to see. is there a thing as an ht not working??

Skinnyvi....I am now 21 weeks post op from a 1500 graft HT. I was very thin as well before the procedure and didn't experience any shock loss. You could see a VERY clear horseshoe pattern in my head as you looked down on my scalp. Luckily, I took photos at the 3month or so mark so I know where I was at (seeing as I'd had no shock loss, it was pretty much the same as my starting point).

The growth has just now started to really kick in I believe. Around 4.5 months, I was just kinda looking up there thinking that there might be growth, but wasn't quite sure. As of today, I'm quite sure that there has been definite growth. I can still kinda see through my hair in spots, but the horseshoe pattern is no longer evident.

It was hard not to pay attention to other guys who are talkin about growth at 3.5 or 4 months, but everyone's growth is different. If I'd had shockloss and gone backwards some, I probably would have noticed growth much quicker...but it wasn't until recently that I really know it's coming in good. In about a month or a month and a half at most, you're probably gonna be back on here with words of relief.

Unless you had an HT from a guy who works out of a van down by the river, then 2600 grafts is gonna show some definite growth. I wouldnt worry (easier said than done)...it's all about patience.

skinnyvi,

I'd continue to be patient, it does seem like its case by case to see growth. Sadly, it sounds like it could take up to a year. I do think it is an extremely extremely rare case that an HT does not grow. I would say in the next few months you should have some sort of sprouts.

Good luck.

Manko