Scar Shock Loss - A Question for The Veterans

Robert,

By way of a final sign-off on this thread, just wanted to quickly flag up that I've posted some images of my 19.5 week post-op status in the Photo Album section.

Hopefully they might be of interest to viewers of this thread.

Regards,

Neil

2000 FUT's with Dr Jeffrey Epstein

December 17th 2004

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel you should be concerned with the shock in the donor area.

My big concern is why did the surgeon cut so high?

he went way above the ears on the back portion of your head.

That I believe was risky.

• 3 weeks later...

hey i was just reading this whole thread and the circular bare areas below the scar describes exactly what I have. I am about 3 month post-op from my 3rd HT. There is a little hair growing back in, but there are still the large bare areas smooth as a baby's butt. When can I expect this to fill in and, when should I start to panick?

Originally posted by Hugh Jorgan:

hey i was just reading this whole thread and the circular bare areas below the scar describes exactly what I have. I am about 3 month post-op from my 3rd HT. There is a little hair growing back in, but there are still the large bare areas smooth as a baby's butt. When can I expect this to fill in and, when should I start to panick?

Hugh,

I saw a significant improvement after around 16 weeks. I'll be six months out in two weeks and I've been able to have a number 4 buzz in the donor area for at least the past 6 weeks. My barber says I may be able to go lower in time but the scarring remaining from earlier HT's is more an issue than what remains of the scar line from last December's surgery.

Other contributors on here have commented that it can take up to 12 months to grow out shockloss in the donor area, particularly after multiple HT's.

Hang in there.

Regards,

Neil

2000 FUT's with Dr Jeffrey Epstein

December 17th 2004

• 3 weeks later...

really glad this post is here! I'm 5 weeks post op and have about a half inch of shock lose below my donor scar. It's not noticeable as my hair is two inches long, but I'd like to get it cut and feel like I can't. Hope it grows back in the next couple of months!

• 7 months later...

Hey all,

I'm ressurecting this thread to ask a question. I experienced significant shockloss below my scar (about 1 cm). Most of this grew back at the 2 month period, but it is now 3 months and there is still 2-3 mm of smooth skin below the scar. No change in about a month. Should I worry? Have many others had this kind of experience and had the shock grow back?

Thanks