HT trial run

My HT is coming up soon, and i was just wondering if someone could verify the steps taken during the surgery. I assume after anesthesia is administered, the donor strip is the first process. after it's removed and the area is stitched up, the doctor begins making the incisions for the grafts, while the nurses dissect the donor strip. Once both are completed, the grafts are placed and you are pretty much done. Please tell me if im wrong or a little off. just want to know what to expect. Thanks

My HT is coming up soon, and i was just wondering if someone could verify the steps taken during the surgery. I assume after anesthesia is administered, the donor strip is the first process. after it's removed and the area is stitched up, the doctor begins making the incisions for the grafts, while the nurses dissect the donor strip. Once both are completed, the grafts are placed and you are pretty much done. Please tell me if im wrong or a little off. just want to know what to expect. Thanks

Hatrrick,

That's pretty much the deal, at a glance. Your day-of-surgery consult will be pretty involved as you and your doc design the hairline and recipient area, etc. The only thing I would add to your summary is that many of the steps will either overlap or repeat during surgery. So, for example, the doctor might create recipient sites followed by the staff placing grafts. The doctor might then - particularly during a large session - go back and create more sites and have the placers do another round etc. Additionally, since strips take so long to dissect, there will be spans of time when some of the staff will be placing grafts while others will still be working with the tissue under the scopes.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.