Is it possible?

Is it possible to have FU or FUE work done on someone has not lost hair but very much wishes to create a new hairline? My natural hairline is very high and I wish to bring it down to hide more of my forehead. Thanks for your input.

Is it possible to have FU or FUE work done on someone has not lost hair but very much wishes to create a new hairline? My natural hairline is very high and I wish to bring it down to hide more of my forehead. Thanks for your input.

Hey, they don't call it 'cosmetic surgery' for nothing! You wanna lowered hairline, you're damn straight you can find someone who'll do it for you!

Hell, you can even get a Fruit Bat nose if you want - just look at Michael Jackson!

The question is - who's gonna give you a REAL Fruit Bat's nose??????????????

I'm in a similiar situation - high natural hairline - have been thinking about lowering it for over a year now (I'm 23). I started on propecia just in case. The answer is yes - it can be done - your best bet is FUE (if you have money of course). Not worth getting a scar when all you're looking for is cosmetic improvement. Make sure however that neither you, your dad or your mother's father were balding. Check out the following pictures:

Lowering Hairline Example

Another Fine Example of Lowered Hairline

{on the website click on "see more pictures" and look at the second guy from the bottom in the middle column}

A lot of people here will tell you that unless you are REALLY bald, or REALLY old HT is not for you. Initially, I got really discouraged by those suggestions. Don't get me wrong - you shouldn't get an HT if you know you will be seriously bald in the future (i.e. your father, or mother's father is bald, or you show significant hairloss already). On the other hand, if you, like me, haven't really progressed beyond NW2, and everybody else in your family has head full of hair - your chances for successful HT are pretty good. When I first started to look into HT's, the decision was much harder than now, because I only knew about old strip technology. With FUE it's a no brainer. You don't risk a heavy scar in the back, you can still cut your hair short, and you can achieve your goals gradually. The only downside is extra cost, but I'd pay anything to be happy. Do your research, don't rush into HT, go only with FUE, and if you even suspect you may be losing hair - get on Propecia, just in case. Good Luck

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

[This message was edited by Microprose on February 17, 2003 at 04:32 PM.]

Thank you very much for your input. After reading and learning from this site I am considering FUE.

I'm 27 now and have lived the last 27 years of my life with an unusually high hairline. I've done some checking and it seems to be that hair loss has not been an issue for almost every member of my family (even in their 60's).

I am Black American although I was born in Africa. I have a kind of oval shaped head which is common in Africa but I do not look good with a shaved head like many black/African Americans who were born here do.

I am also wondering about the differences in a HT for a Black male vs. a Caucasian male?

I have been wearing hats most of my adult life and am just ready to have this done. I have taken photos of myself and added hair in Photoshop to see what I might look like and I am happy with the images I've created. BTW' if anyone wants to see their own images done up in Photoshop, let me know (it's very quick and easy for me).

From what I read, African-Americans obtain much better results after HT due to smaller contrast between hair color and skin color. Curly hair also contribute to illusion of increased density. Funny that you mention photoshop - I've tried it myself, and was also pleased with the results. If you live close to NY, check out Dr. Feller - here is one of the pictures from his web-site.

Example

Hope this helps. I know Dr. Feller is also working on FUE.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks again! I live in California, although I am willing to travel. Right now, I'm trying to learn all I can about FUE's. I've read a little about curly hair being harder to extract using the FUE method. I've also run into some info (on this site) mentioning the success rate of FUE. I guess the thing that bothers or worries me the most is the possibilities of FUE's success rates vs. FU.

Initially that was also my major concern (right next to the cost). But since then I've came accross some pretty encouraging percentages of the successful grafts (although I don't remember exact numbers I'm pretty sure they were in the upper 80's). It also depends on doctor's expertise, so pick the one that has done one or two of these before icon_wink.gif. Regardless - I'd rather have slightly smaller success rate, than a scar for life.

1. Do more research on FUE vs. FU success rates.

2. After most likely choosing FUE as the method for me, find the most experienced doctors at FUE.

3. See the top 3 doc's, choose one, get the price quote, after the price shock effect, bite the bullet and make the appointment.

After coming to this site and reading for the last few days, I see that HT's take an entire year to reach your target look. I know it's nothing to rush into but I have been thinking this over for years now. I'm glad I came here rather than going ahead and meeting the Bosely people after seeing their infomercials.

Well for me I just took a few head shots of myself with my digital camera....In PhotoShop you can clone any part of an image and place it anywhere else on that or any other image.

So let's say you have a picture of yourself with some good hair on the back of your head but not on the front. You could clone the hair from the back and paste or paint it onto the front of your head. Best results are when you zoom in and start adding hair up close to create the hairline you want.

Zoom out and look at the image and it kind of looks like what you may want to have done. I'm not a real PhotoShop pro so I only know the basics.