Is it shock loss or what?

I had 1500 fit back in Oct. 2003. Recipient area was smooth and the Ht was to fill in receding hairline for framing of the face. I had a concern prior to surgery regarding the impact of shock loss in this area because i really didn't want to chase a recession with additional procedures.

I quickly noticed that shedding or balding started to take place throuhgout the crown area and particularly in the front behind the HT.

I am on proscar [1/4 tablets]

Up until the surgery My hair pretty much was stabilized except for front recession. I felt that at age 55 some additional thinning would naturally occur over time but this is ridiculous.

Anybody experience this after HT?

I do notice small hairs in the balding area behind the HT but it has been almost 6 months and I am very concerned that my worse fears are coming true.

That I will have to chase this first HT back with addtional surgeries. Is this an option that makes sense or will additional surgeries just accelerate the recession?

I am more self conscious with my present state than before the HT. It creates a very unnatural look and is very unsettling.

Any ideas about this concern?

100_0908-2.jpg.bb5e5b73b03b63be5fcf1e86c169ab7c.jpg

I had 1500 fit back in Oct. 2003. Recipient area was smooth and the Ht was to fill in receding hairline for framing of the face. I had a concern prior to surgery regarding the impact of shock loss in this area because i really didn't want to chase a recession with additional procedures.

I quickly noticed that shedding or balding started to take place throuhgout the crown area and particularly in the front behind the HT.

I am on proscar [1/4 tablets]

Up until the surgery My hair pretty much was stabilized except for front recession. I felt that at age 55 some additional thinning would naturally occur over time but this is ridiculous.

Anybody experience this after HT?

I do notice small hairs in the balding area behind the HT but it has been almost 6 months and I am very concerned that my worse fears are coming true.

That I will have to chase this first HT back with addtional surgeries. Is this an option that makes sense or will additional surgeries just accelerate the recession?

I am more self conscious with my present state than before the HT. It creates a very unnatural look and is very unsettling.

Any ideas about this concern?

I've heard that minoxidil, while not espeially effective as a hair restorer can be helpful for shock loss, are you doing the "basics" like the proscar/ minox/ grafcyte perhaps?

Sorry, I cant be of more help, I understand shock loss is quite rare and generaly only affects the transpalnted area, so I'm confused as to why you should suddelny shed from behing the recipient area.

What does your ht surgon say?

NV

Eastcoast

You mention you had shock loss in the crown...did you actually have any work done in that area?

Have any of you seen shock loss in the crown when work was only done in the frontal 1/3 of the head? If so, did it reverse and at what months did you see things change/return to normal.

Tiki - hope things get better, best wishes.

cheers

Londonuk