Planning to get HT wit Dr. Ashok (Hyderabad) -- India

Hi,

I plan to have Hair Transplant and have gone through several advertisements from Dr. Ashok's clinic in Hyderabad. Does anyone have any experiences with Hair Transplantations done by him?

Also, what is the cost per graft?

If you had an excellent experience wit some doctor, please include the name and their details along with the costs (Only in India). I guess this is what every other potential patient of HT wants to know.

sandeep,

I can't say I'm familiar with him.

But because physician selection is vital to ensuring you will receive state of the art hair transplantation, it is important to choose wisely.

I am still looking for a quality physician in India that meets our standards for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network.

But until we do, I recommend considering traveling at this time to ensure you receive a satisfactory hair transplant. After all, this IS a lifetime investment and getting it done right the first time far outweighs the inconvenience of traveling.

I recommend using the map feature of our website in order to find a quality hair transplant surgeon nearest to you.

To see what protocol we use to recommend physicians in our community, click here.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

Sandeep,

As no one from India are on this recomended list, I suggest you to wait a year or two if travel is not possible.

As someone as already said in this forum that even more worse than goin bald is gettin a bad hair transplant.

I just looked at Dr Ashok's website... I get a VERY bad feeling from his bio, experience, etc...

"Dr Ashok went for International exposure to Iran and Nigeria"

Don't take any chances and go with a recommended surgeon until we can validate and recommend a surgeon in your area. The additional travel expense will actually save you a lot of grief.

• 1 year later...

I haven't found any one coming with a positive feedback on Dr. Ashok. Any body who has got a feedback backed up by evidence for the following HT docs in Hyderabad will do a BIG favor to your getting bald buddies from Hyderabad icon_smile.gif

1. Dr. Madhu

2. Dr. Y Venkat Rao

3. Dr. Ravindra

Please help!

hai Sandeep dont take any decision in hurry.i have seen two of my friends HT from Dr Ashok. they are ok but not good. They have a very bad hair line with pluggy look.he wil charge a lumpsome of 50000 from you but not per graft.And he will not tell you the no. of grafts planted.Be patient and take a well informed decision

• 1 year later...
Guest mariewoltz25411697

Well guys..I found out the hard way..Dr. Ashok Reddy really sucks. No tangible results after my HT by this doc. Now my goal is to prevent others falling prey to him.

Edited by mariewoltz25411697

• 7 months later...

Dr Ashok Hair Transplantation Clinic is just waste of money, time and very painful after surgery. I have done Hair transplantation 3 years back. None of the hair he transplanted are grown. Actually infact i had more hair loss after going to him. After surgery my head was really pain for upto 1 year. All my money, time & efforts were wasted. Please don't go to Dr Ashok. After surgery new problem has started such as closing my eyes very frequently. Headache, Itching, Very Big Scar in the Scalp area. Many disadvantages + None of the Transplantation Hair has grown. It's better to have what ever hair you have than going to Dr. Ashok. He Charged me 60,000 Rupees

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Be aware of the Hair Transplantation procedure & Cost in Dr. Ashok office in Hyderabad, India.

Dr. Ashok charged price Rs.35,000/- based on my baldness in Stage VII of male pattern Baldness with a little frontal tuft intact

Note:- Please be cautious on pricing in Dr. Ashok office... when you guys went for consulting they may quote Rs. 80,000/- to Rs 1,10,000/-. when you bargain pricing they will charge you only Rs.35,000/-

Dr. ashok wife is also working in his office... she is quoted huge amount... be aware of her consultation.

thx

;)

Hi,

Be aware of the Hair Transplantation procedure & Cost in Dr. Ashok office in Hyderabad, India.

Dr. Ashok charged price Rs.35,000/- based on my baldness in Stage VII of male pattern Baldness with a little frontal tuft intact

Note:- Please be cautious on pricing in Dr. Ashok office... when you guys went for consulting they may quote Rs. 80,000/- to Rs 1,10,000/-. when you bargain pricing they will charge you only Rs.35,000/-

Dr. ashok wife is also working in his office... she is quoted huge amount... be aware of her consultation.

thx

;)

• 4 months later...

I had HT in this clicnic (2 years ago) and with in 6 months Infection developed on my scalp. No doubt I got very good hair density with in 10 months. But just after 10 months my TRANSPLANTED hairs even started falling (which doctor claims permanent, might be not transplanted depp inside scalp) and then with in 16 months my nearly whole transplanted hair even gone. Now my hair density is only 15 % after 2 years of HT from this clininc. DOnt go to this clinic. I tried to contacting Doctor about my falling of transplanted hair, but no satisfactory resolution and even he asked me to go for 2nd Hair transplant. What a waste of time, money and DONOR hairs.

Hi,

thx

;)

Same happened with me. Unfortunelty I could not bargain much and they charged me 70000/- for treatment