Horror

arpma

Arpma,

Your experiencing "hair shock" and it happens quite commonly with HT, it did to me too !!, after 6 weeks - 12 weeks following HT you can look worse !!, in my case it all grew back by 6 months. Anyone transplanting into areas that currently has pre-exsisting hair...beware this happens.

Its as if the hair "jumps ship" during the healing process, after the ship heals the hair jumps back aboard !!

If your pre-exsisting hair is really weak and/or ready to fall out anyways..it may not come back.

Originally, I freaked out too, but all is well now.

Good Luck !

• 2 weeks later...

did you really lose till 12 Weeks after the HT hair. It really make me very depresse to watch in

the mirror tho see always less hair. if you would

like to see my Foto how it was before the Ht. since then i lost 50 of the hair that i had.http://www.liber-tec.ch/images/marcello.jpg

arpma - What you are experiencing is very common, though I did not have the problem myself in 2 surgeries. The hairs that shed should grow back, unless the follicles were near the end of their genetically-programmed lifetime and ready to stop growing hair, in which case you would have lost the hairs later anyway. Most HT patients who experience shock loss report that it all grows back, though it could take several months.