Is there a correlation between the start and the finish of HT growth?

Folks,

I have a very specific question that I haven't found asked or answered anywhere.

When we talk about graft growth percentages at certain months, is there a direct correlation between the start and the finish? For example, it's often stated that average growth starts at 3-6 months and is roughly 90% complete @ 9-12 months (give or take).

In my case, I started growth @ 2 months (I'm now 7 months out). Does that probably mean that 90% has already appeared for me @ 7 months? I'm not questioning the percentages; per se (I'm just using them as examples). I'm specifically interested in knowing if an early growth start probably means a correspondingly early growth finish.

I don't know if this is germane to the answer, but in my case I'm a repair patient with the following history (and I know transplanted growth within a previously transplanted/scared area can be slower):

1. 100-150 plugs in the late 70s to the frontal area to either side of the central tuft.

2. Brow lift of the most anterior rows & redistribution (as FUs) in 8/06

3. FUT #1 in 3/07

4. FUT #2 in 12/07

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to my inquiry.

Folks,

I have a very specific question that I haven't found asked or answered anywhere.

When we talk about graft growth percentages at certain months, is there a direct correlation between the start and the finish? For example, it's often stated that average growth starts at 3-6 months and is roughly 90% complete @ 9-12 months (give or take).

In my case, I started growth @ 2 months (I'm now 7 months out). Does that probably mean that 90% has already appeared for me @ 7 months? I'm not questioning the percentages; per se (I'm just using them as examples). I'm specifically interested in knowing if an early growth start probably means a correspondingly early growth finish.

I don't know if this is germane to the answer, but in my case I'm a repair patient with the following history (and I know transplanted growth within a previously transplanted/scared area can be slower):

1. 100-150 plugs in the late 70s to the frontal area to either side of the central tuft.

2. Brow lift of the most anterior rows & redistribution (as FUs) in 8/06

3. FUT #1 in 3/07

4. FUT #2 in 12/07

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to my inquiry.

anajj,

there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to growh timelines; there are some general guidelines:

3-5 months growth starts;

6 months= 40-50% of final cosmetic result

12 months= you can evaluate the results; probably 90% of final cosmetic result;

12-18 months=continued thickening/maturation of new hair which adds to the cosmetic result;

early start doesn't necessarily mean early finish and vice-versa; hope it doesn't sound vague; it is just that the growth time is not an exact science;

Hmmm

I guess it would be based on how quickly your hairs cycle through their growth cycles..

Deatails, deatals .... Just wait about 6 months and you will have some growth. Then at about 14 months you should have your final result.

Of course there always exceptions

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by dhoose75:

... early start doesn't necessarily mean early finish and vice-versa; hope it doesn't sound vague; it is just that the growth time is not an exact science;

dhoose75:

Thanks for the feedback...much appreciated!