Toppik and minoxidil.

Hi Guys, Looks like many people like topic so I have decided to give it a shot. I am N3V with pretty thin hair on front and almost bald crown. My question is, I put minoxidil every morning after shower. Can I apply toppik on top of that? Would it reverse the effectiveness of either of these products? I concentrate minoxidil mostly in crown area and I guess I will use toppik only in front since there aren't many hair left in the crown. Please advice.

Hi Guys, Looks like many people like topic so I have decided to give it a shot. I am N3V with pretty thin hair on front and almost bald crown. My question is, I put minoxidil every morning after shower. Can I apply toppik on top of that? Would it reverse the effectiveness of either of these products? I concentrate minoxidil mostly in crown area and I guess I will use toppik only in front since there aren't many hair left in the crown. Please advice.

Toppik can cover an almost bald crown, so try it and see what it does for you.

Toppik is said to be minoxidil compatible, apply the minoxidil, let it dry (half an hour should suffice) and then apply the toppik. When you already have toppik on and don?‚??t want to take it off simply apply the minox over the toppik (a small percentage of the minox will be sponged by the toppik but most of it will get through, just apply a little bit more), some of the toppik will come off in your hand during the application of the minox with you fingers but your coverage should hold ( just don't rub too hard ), if you happen to remove some coverage do some touch up with toppik. So my advice is for you to keep the toppik and the minox close together.

Recently I discovered that there is a product similar to Toppik and Nanogen but it costs less that half the price, it?‚??s Hairsoreal. Check this site to see the options you have on concealers. http://www.folica.com/cosmetics.htm

[This message was edited by European Guy on January 24, 2003 at 10:09 AM.]

[This message was edited by European Guy on January 24, 2003 at 10:11 AM.]