I need help

Hello all. I am 23 and my hair started losing from an year and half now. I started losing hair in my left side temples and crown area initially. Also, the frontal hairs started losing slowly. So,I used to comb from the middle to cover the left side temple area. I decided to use medicine and started using Scalp med (5% Minoxidil is active ingredient). Initially I lost lot of hair but the hair fall stopped drastically in the crown area at least. I lost few hairs in the frontal vertex area and now I can see my scalp through hairs in the frontal area if observed closely. But The hair loss reduced a lot. I was told by the customer service that initially I shed lot of air because the dead cells go away but it takes time (8 months) for the complete growth. I returned the product because if I go outside in sun my scalp becomes so itchy (itchy to hell) and lot of dandruff comes. So I bought only Minoxidil 5% and started using from yesterday. Couple of days back I saw my receding hair line in my right side temples too. I am dead scared now. I am unable to sleep or eat properly. I have an oval face with long nose and If my hair does not fall on the face I look pathetic. Someone please try to help me. I am sure that within a year or two my frontal area goes away representing the Case 1 as shown exactly in the chart.

Photo_212.jpg.a44502d7a211bb1bf95c5fa7f19bb690.jpg

Hello all. I am 23 and my hair started losing from an year and half now. I started losing hair in my left side temples and crown area initially. Also, the frontal hairs started losing slowly. So,I used to comb from the middle to cover the left side temple area. I decided to use medicine and started using Scalp med (5% Minoxidil is active ingredient). Initially I lost lot of hair but the hair fall stopped drastically in the crown area at least. I lost few hairs in the frontal vertex area and now I can see my scalp through hairs in the frontal area if observed closely. But The hair loss reduced a lot. I was told by the customer service that initially I shed lot of air because the dead cells go away but it takes time (8 months) for the complete growth. I returned the product because if I go outside in sun my scalp becomes so itchy (itchy to hell) and lot of dandruff comes. So I bought only Minoxidil 5% and started using from yesterday. Couple of days back I saw my receding hair line in my right side temples too. I am dead scared now. I am unable to sleep or eat properly. I have an oval face with long nose and If my hair does not fall on the face I look pathetic. Someone please try to help me. I am sure that within a year or two my frontal area goes away representing the Case 1 as shown exactly in the chart.

Javy, I just turned 23 and hair loss started when I was 21...I am scared because in an year or two I will go bald and I look pathetic if I don't have hair. I have an oval face and long (a little fat) nose. So I cannot picture myself without hair. Temples are gone and hair started falling / digging in the front part. Eventually I shall lose right. Its just a matter of time. So I want to take precautions before only.

I do not want to downplay how you are feeling about your hair, but from your pictures (you should add profile and top down pics for us to view) I really doubt that you will be bald in a year or two.

At this point keep faithful with your use of minoxidil and you may want to think about adding finasteride to your regiment.

You are young, enjoy what you have...most would love to have your amount of hair.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

isolence,

Your post is a perfect example of how even the slightest bit of hair loss can send us on an emotional roller coaster.

I agree with Eman. If you are just starting to lose your hair, now is the time to consider Propecia (finasteride). It may help slow down or stop the progression of male pattern baldness.

Be sure to speak with a physician about it and learn about the benefits, limitations, and potential side effects. Keep in mind that its benefits are only lasting as long as you continue with the medication.

Best wishes,

Bill