And in the end...

Hi All - Thanks to all of your wonderful and informative posts, I feel very comfortable that when the time comes for me to get my first hairtransplant (sooner than later) that I will in no doubt go through the safest route possible and know quite well what to expect. Obviously, most of the info on this site, as well as others, have a lot to do with the procedure itself in somewhat physical and medical terms. What I was hoping to find more about in this pst are the actual psychological benefits of getting an HT.

This question is not directed to those who had bad experiences/results through faulty doctors and/or misinformation. I certainly feel very blessed that this site offers the kinds of resources for future HT vets to avoid such "miserable" circumstances. However, for those who have gone to the best doctors and received expected results, if not better, and who are overall happy with the turnout - have any of you truly noticed a positive affect on your lifestyle and well-being?

Afterall, I don't think any of us are out to get an HT simply to go through the trials and tribulations of the surgery. And I also don't think any of us are out to get an HT to get back a full head of hair (which I know is not medically possible). Let's face it - we go out to get HTs not really to get our hair back but to get our confidence back. Getting our confidence back will in no doubt enable us to better ourselves in ways we only felt possible before our hairloss became noticable to us.

Therefore, for those who have had good to excellent results, I'd like to know if you've noticed the following: Do you feel more excited and positive about your life and the future? Do you feel more confident? Are you smiling/laughing more? Do you feel more social? Are people treating you better? Do you feel more at ease around women? Do you feel more at ease seeing somebody you haven't seen for awhile? Do you feel more sympathetic to other peoples' problems? Y'See what I'm driving at?

I have spent a decent amount of time on the meds and have experienced none of these things. I know getting a HT is a serious matter. But I think with careful attention and patience you can avoid it being a medical and psychological "mistake" now more than ever. I guess I'm just looking for some positive reinforcement here. I've heard so much about scars and scabs and grafts and donor area and FUE and FIT and FU and sutures and staples - that I'd like to hear more about the real end result we're all actually going for. Does it exist?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi All - Thanks to all of your wonderful and informative posts, I feel very comfortable that when the time comes for me to get my first hairtransplant (sooner than later) that I will in no doubt go through the safest route possible and know quite well what to expect. Obviously, most of the info on this site, as well as others, have a lot to do with the procedure itself in somewhat physical and medical terms. What I was hoping to find more about in this pst are the actual psychological benefits of getting an HT.

This question is not directed to those who had bad experiences/results through faulty doctors and/or misinformation. I certainly feel very blessed that this site offers the kinds of resources for future HT vets to avoid such "miserable" circumstances. However, for those who have gone to the best doctors and received expected results, if not better, and who are overall happy with the turnout - have any of you truly noticed a positive affect on your lifestyle and well-being?

Afterall, I don't think any of us are out to get an HT simply to go through the trials and tribulations of the surgery. And I also don't think any of us are out to get an HT to get back a full head of hair (which I know is not medically possible). Let's face it - we go out to get HTs not really to get our hair back but to get our confidence back. Getting our confidence back will in no doubt enable us to better ourselves in ways we only felt possible before our hairloss became noticable to us.

Therefore, for those who have had good to excellent results, I'd like to know if you've noticed the following: Do you feel more excited and positive about your life and the future? Do you feel more confident? Are you smiling/laughing more? Do you feel more social? Are people treating you better? Do you feel more at ease around women? Do you feel more at ease seeing somebody you haven't seen for awhile? Do you feel more sympathetic to other peoples' problems? Y'See what I'm driving at?

I have spent a decent amount of time on the meds and have experienced none of these things. I know getting a HT is a serious matter. But I think with careful attention and patience you can avoid it being a medical and psychological "mistake" now more than ever. I guess I'm just looking for some positive reinforcement here. I've heard so much about scars and scabs and grafts and donor area and FUE and FIT and FU and sutures and staples - that I'd like to hear more about the real end result we're all actually going for. Does it exist?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.