Hair Restoration Pictures

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the pictures published by clinics on this site and others;

1) They give the graft count but the picture shows only first half of the head. What should I imagine about the vertex? With that many grafts does the vertex or second half of the head covered or not? (even most reputable clinics do this)

2) There are some patients gained very good results with low graft counts compared to high graft counts. For example http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...tientID=539&DrID=138 with 6000 grafts and http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...ientID=1332&DrID=628 with just 2700 grafts. There are more pictures like this. It is difficult to explain by hair characteristics or doctor quality. Why is that so? Is it possible to grow only a small portion of the transplanted hair?

Thank you.

I agree completely about picture sets that do not show the vertex area. They are a waste of time IMO.

In the picture with the 2700 grafts, the mans hair is very long and combed back. Yet one more annoying thing often encountered in HT photos. I understand that this may be how they wear their hair, so it cannot really be called trickery, but it makes the HT look deceptively full. I pretty much disregard these types of pictures, although I must say that this one does show exceptionally good hairline work!

By comparison, in the first picture set, with the hair combed to the side, you can accurately see pretty much exactly how full the hair is, and it is indeed MUCH more than the second photo set if you look closely. The first pic set is very well done with no obvious deceptive elements.

Stimpy

Thank you very much, I would like to get your opinions about the 1st and 6th pictures, (5500 and 3300 grafts plus propecia after 1 year -a friend of mine showed and mentioned the details about the pictures-) on this gallery http://www.mcgrathmedical.com/0.html. Do you think that they are realistic? They are the best pictures I have seen so far. Should I expect such results?

Thanks

I don't know if you can expect these results or not. The photo's look good, especially with the hair so short.

But...

I know McGrath was with MHR, and they have a TERRIBLE reputation in general, and their marketing has historically been misleading.

I would be careful. If you insist on staying in Texas, at least give some consideration to Dr. Arocha in Dallas. His results are known to be consistently good.

I'm not saying a good doctor cannot work at MHR, or that a doctor who worked for MHR or Bosley should be tainted for life, but I would REALLY check things out thoroughly before proceeding. A bad HT will make baldness seem like a blissful dream. This is not something you want to gamble with.

Stimpy