I think I need to try something new

Golden4lyfe

I've been taking Proscar for 4 years now and I'm starting to notice increased thinning in the front of my scalp and I'm worried there's some shedding and thinning in the back as well. I've had a couple of online consultations, and I was told I'm a norwood 3.

I was thinking about trying something topical or perhaps avodart. The main issue with Avodart for me is the cost. It would cost me over a thousand dollars a year to take Avodart, and if I figure the costs I might as well just get a hair transplant. I was hoping to wait until I'm 28 before getting a hair transplant because it's my understanding that by the late 20's it's easier to more accurately predict balding patterns.

Has anyone had any success with a generic avodart? Just something I thought about trying.

I've been taking Proscar for 4 years now and I'm starting to notice increased thinning in the front of my scalp and I'm worried there's some shedding and thinning in the back as well. I've had a couple of online consultations, and I was told I'm a norwood 3.

I was thinking about trying something topical or perhaps avodart. The main issue with Avodart for me is the cost. It would cost me over a thousand dollars a year to take Avodart, and if I figure the costs I might as well just get a hair transplant. I was hoping to wait until I'm 28 before getting a hair transplant because it's my understanding that by the late 20's it's easier to more accurately predict balding patterns.

Has anyone had any success with a generic avodart? Just something I thought about trying.

If your concerned about your hairloss perhaps you might consider adding minodoxil to your regime as well, it is the only other FDA approved med for hairloss. Avodart is not approved for hair loss and is more potent than propecia/proscar so the side effects can be even worse - so you should research it carefully before considering it.

It is important to know that a Hair Transplant is not a cure for hairloss. If you do not take any medications to prevent your hairloss it will continue.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006