Cobblestoning & FU transplants

Is cobblestoning possible with a FU transplant?

I sometimes notice with HT patients who had FU transplants, that in certain lighting, you can see tiny bumps on the scalp coming from each transplanted hair. Would this be cobblestoning or is it normal?

Is cobblestoning possible with a FU transplant?

I sometimes notice with HT patients who had FU transplants, that in certain lighting, you can see tiny bumps on the scalp coming from each transplanted hair. Would this be cobblestoning or is it normal?

Cobblestoning? Not on me. I just had my second FU HT on 3-12-02, after having my first on 8-21-01. None of that was visible on me. Although there was some dandruff and flaking that scared me around week 3 through 5 or so, I now believe that was just the skin evening out, the excess flaking off, because it looks perfect now, or at least it did prior to mid morning of 3-12-02!

Right now I'm suffering with stitches and a somewhat purple scalp, being only two days post op. This is a small price to pay for what looks to be a great piece of artwork. Once again, I put all my trust in Dr. Shapiro, as to placement of the grafts, based on his knowledge, my age, and all the important factors that come into play. And once again, he did me right. I can see already that the lay of my frontal hairline, and the natural progression of the new hair is going to be superb. I'm glad I didn't allow myself to stress a more youthful fill-in, because this result looks just too good. I really think the selection of the Doctor should be as much about his or her ability to artfully put together a good "plan", as would be his or her technical expertise. I think I looked fantastic after the first session. Now I think in five months I'll be estatic. And I don't expect anything but smooth skin in the recipient area.

Cliff