Reduced daily MG of propecia???

mm

I use Propecia every 3 days. The reduced daily usage avoids neg side effects and I seem to not be losing any more hair.

What is better? To take a 1 mg pill every 3rd day or to split the pills?

mm,

It is widely accepted that a reduced dose of Finasteride at onset of treatment can be as effective as the full 1mg/day doseage. 3 times per week is fine for at least a while but may have to be bumped up a bit later.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Actually, I stated that I take it every 3 days, not 3 time per week. Is that not enough? I seem to benefit from it?

That being said, my real question was whether I should split the pills and take partial pils each day or just take a whole pill every 3 days? Is one way more benefial than the other?

Thanks

a reduced dose of Finasteride at onset of treatment can be as effective as the full 1mg/day doseage.
Fully in agreement. I originally took 1mg per day, now 1mg every other day. No difference seen.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

the problem is you guys are making me lazy. A couple of days later and I cannot remember the last time I took propecia. I'm going to stick to the daily habit just for sanity sake, you may be right but I'm not good with the every other day thing.

Originally posted by JacobS:

A couple of days later and I cannot remember the last time I took propecia

icon_biggrin.gif Happens to me all the time. Now I just put my pill cutter (with the Proscar tablet inside) next to my bed and take 1 quarter every other night. Last thing I do before sleeping. Seems to work fine.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• 3 weeks later...

i am thinking of buying the generic version of proscar (59.95 for 60 pills, which equals 240 1.25 mg tablets, or 300 1mg tablets) which is about a years worth. i origionally took the generic version of propecia, finpecia produced in india and it worked, but i saw those damn side effects. i didnt try splitting them up like every other day. is this something that actually seems to work?

Alright I began talking propecia yesterday... I'm taking .5mg daily.

I got my supply at walgreens and it came out as 67.39 for 30 tablets (1mg each which I spilt in half)...

I just want to check and see if you guys think this sounds like a good doseage and/or price? Thanks. (also, my doctor was pretty unfamiliar with the drug so he's just going to monitor my progress)

sensesfail,

If your physician is unfamiliar with Propecia, then he is more than likely going to be very wary of writing a prescription for Proscar to be split up. Stick with the Propecia for now.

As far as splitting them in half, be sure to only split one at a time. The coating on the pill is protective and is rendered useless after the pill is split. One or two days after being split shouldn't hurt, but just don't go splitting the whole lot when you first get them.

There are better prices for legitimate Propecia to be found. Costco, for instance is cheaper. There are also reputable online pharmacies. One that I trust (they are located in the U.S. and are very reputable) is drugstore.com. They have Propecia listed as ~$55 for 30 and the price goes down the more you buy.

I don't endorse them, but I am a huge fan of buying from reputable sources that require a prescription. Drugstore.com is affiliated with GNC.

At any rate, it sounds like you're on the right track. Congrats and good luck.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by HLKid:

i am thinking of buying the generic version of proscar (59.95 for 60 pills, which equals 240 1.25 mg tablets, or 300 1mg tablets) which is about a years worth. i origionally took the generic version of propecia, finpecia produced in india and it worked, but i saw those damn side effects. i didnt try splitting them up like every other day. is this something that actually seems to work?

HLKid,

Here is a recent thread on generic medications that you should look through.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Robert