Permanent hair coloring

The semi-permanent hair coloring I have been using is barely lasting 2 weeks, which means my gray hair is becoming resistant. Is there a down side to permanent hair coloring? I know women have been using it for yrs.

The semi-permanent hair coloring I have been using is barely lasting 2 weeks, which means my gray hair is becoming resistant. Is there a down side to permanent hair coloring? I know women have been using it for yrs.

Hair2day, I used permanent color a couple times and it did nothing adverse to my scalp or hair. It does the job of staying on your hair longer as opposed to semi-permanent color that washes out after a few washings, but I stopped it only because I could not find anything that looked natural enough. I did discover that there's a product called "unred" liquid drops that you add to the color when your mixing and it supposedly takes that red or orange look that always seems to accompany coloring your hair.

Permanent haircolor can be great is done correctly. It can give an illusion of added density, cover gray hair, and add a fashion sense as well.

Done incorrectly, it can fry your hair and look ridiculous. If there is too much red inyour color ( I am assuming you are a brunette) They have not used enough bleach or left it on long enough.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have used Clairol Natural Instincts For Men Medium Brown for a couple years and it's always looked pretty natural. I called their 800 number and was told that their pemanent hair coloring product is Nice 'N Easy and a Medium Brown is also available.

Hair2day, I'm taking your word for it, Hair, and going to try the "Natural Instincts" tomorrow. I really thought I had it figured out, as far as the orange/red look that always follows coloring my hair, but I still can't get a handle on it.

They say to go maybe a shade lighter than your natural color. I use a comb to comb it thru vs using my fingers. I was told by Clairol that men only need a half bottle, so I save 1/2 of the 2 unmixed bottles for the next treatment.