Hey Guys,

I have a basic doubt about HT. During procedure is on, only a strip about 5 cm in width, and 10 cm in length is taken from doner site. How could it be enough for making a fuller head of look...?

I have seen some HT patient's photos, where within one session, the man's whole head is covered. And the funny thing is he is fully bald at his crown area..

I am doubtful.......

what is ur opinion about this...?? icon_confused.gif

Hey Guys,

I have a basic doubt about HT. During procedure is on, only a strip about 5 cm in width, and 10 cm in length is taken from doner site. How could it be enough for making a fuller head of look...?

I have seen some HT patient's photos, where within one session, the man's whole head is covered. And the funny thing is he is fully bald at his crown area..

I am doubtful.......

what is ur opinion about this...?? icon_confused.gif

It's about 1cm in width, with that going up to 2cm in some rare cases. The length of the donor strip can vary from 10 to 30 cm.

As far as how it works, go on the main site, there's a detailed explanation. But the principle is that you don't need full density to achieve a full look; less than half will do to give an illusion of fullness.

Hey there, For starters it isn't as black and white as your making it out. That is, and if you really look closely, you'll see some crown work still needs to be done with a severe hair loss case. 2) There is a good amount of time involved for the hair to fully come in and not just seeing one picture to the next. The good news though is HTs have come a longggg way in just the last couple of years!! The area being transplanted only needs 50% of the hair put back to give it a full appearance or even less, and the bottom line is this: There are testimonials and before and after pictures and a few doctors doing really big sessions with real results and there is no bettter proof than that. I can think of one in particular, but the awesome results are happening and when you find the heavy-hitter doctor you'll know! Good luck!!!

Thicker,

Your doubts are certainly reasonable. HTs will not give a full head of hair. Today's refined procedures are very effective in the right hands, though.

Strip excision CAN provide enough hair to treat baldness, but there will need to be a balance between density, coverage, and the limited donor supply. Consider these reasonable dimensions for a single strip: 25cm by 1.25cm. That is 31.25cm2 of hair bearing scalp that can be dissected and transplanted (should give you 2500-3000 fu grafts). Certainly this will NOT cure a Norwood 6-7, but it can make a great impact on the frontal 1/3 or frontal ?? of a moderately bald patient. A second similar sized session can be considered for added coverage over the top or crown.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.