swelling

I am now 3 days post op and the left side of my forehead is swollen pretty bad. The right side is not that bad for some reason?? The doctor said that this should be expected around the 2nd or 3rd day, altough I noticed it on the 1st day. I am just wondering if it is going to get worse and spread to my eyes. I am taking the Medrol dosepack for the swelling, but it's hard to tell if it is working or not. I am going back to work in two days and have this feeling I am going to look like frankenstein...

I am now 3 days post op and the left side of my forehead is swollen pretty bad. The right side is not that bad for some reason?? The doctor said that this should be expected around the 2nd or 3rd day, altough I noticed it on the 1st day. I am just wondering if it is going to get worse and spread to my eyes. I am taking the Medrol dosepack for the swelling, but it's hard to tell if it is working or not. I am going back to work in two days and have this feeling I am going to look like frankenstein...

Guest Pumpkinhole

I feel for you. I am a 'sweller' myself. I don't know if it's possible to prevent swelling from spreading, but it certainly can't hurt if you ice. when i had my wisdom teeth removed, but who faced swelled up 'till it looked like a balloon. imagine what a hair transplant would do to me? it's only temporary. some people just react that way after trauma. it should subside within a few days.

Markjames.

Swelling is 100% normal. Be rest assured that this will dissapear very soon. Once it starts though there is nothing really you can do to to stop it or make it slow down. You need to wait a full week and it will be all gone. There is some medication, but they are really of limited value. You should be sleeping at 45degree angle for five days. Nothing eles will do anything.

no pain = no gain my friend