Traction Alopecia

Forgive me but I am new to this sight and I am not quite sure if the following question has already been answered. Can hair transplants or restorations help with traction alopecia? I am a black female suffering from traction alopecia. I have lost hair on both sides of my temples.

Forgive me but I am new to this sight and I am not quite sure if the following question has already been answered. Can hair transplants or restorations help with traction alopecia? I am a black female suffering from traction alopecia. I have lost hair on both sides of my temples.

The answer is yes and no - what caused the traction alopecia, was it braiding over the years or is it caused by Trichotillomania? Hair restoration for traction alopecia is easy, changing the patterns that caused it (other than an accident) are sometime much harder.

I am a hair restoration client and have 10 years experience in the hair restoration industry, all my views are my own

victoria,

Welcome to our forum community. As forum member The Goz has stated, traction alopecia is caused by accidental or purposeful pulling of the hair. The good news is, in many cases, ceasing the activity that is pulling your hair may reverse the process on its own without the need for hair transplants. If scar formation has occured however, it's quite possible that the roots are damaged and the hair will not grow back.

Transplanting hair into scar tissue is typically less effective than a normal scalp, but many physicians have been able to at least make some level of cosmetic overall improvement.

The best thing to do would be to consult with a first-rate so he/she can evaluate your scalp and give you their medical input.

I hope this helps.

Bill

We had a woman who suffered from traction alopecia when she was young.

We treated her with 2 sessions of about 500 grafts to close the empty bald space behind her hairline.

Second session took place a few weeks ago so for now I will only be able to post the results of 1 session.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Results after 500 FUE, 10 months.

The grafts were placed in the frontal area.

We treated the rear area a couple of weeks ago with another 500 grafts.

inez%20na%2010%20maanden.jpg

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.