Experiencing a new wave of shedding

dinks

Hi all,

Ive been on propecia and rogaine for a year now, and it has seemed to slow down the rate of shedding i was experiencing. However, the past few weeks i have noticed a large amount of hair fallout. Shedding has increased to the point it was before i was on propecia and rogaine. Im starting to freak out!

I began smoking cigarettes again 2 months ago but immediately stopped last week after hearing that they may increase the rate at which your hair falls out and possibly the amount, and also cause the blood vessels to restrict decreasing blood flow to hair follicles.

Could this be the reason for my new wave of shedding or may it be linked to something else?

Hi all,

Ive been on propecia and rogaine for a year now, and it has seemed to slow down the rate of shedding i was experiencing. However, the past few weeks i have noticed a large amount of hair fallout. Shedding has increased to the point it was before i was on propecia and rogaine. Im starting to freak out!

I began smoking cigarettes again 2 months ago but immediately stopped last week after hearing that they may increase the rate at which your hair falls out and possibly the amount, and also cause the blood vessels to restrict decreasing blood flow to hair follicles.

Could this be the reason for my new wave of shedding or may it be linked to something else?

Could be stress. Are you undergoing stress right now in your life? Cigarettes are an indication of stress. I don't have any data to support this, but I feel instinctively that stress can accentuate hair loss. Certainly my worst years of loss were during a very stressful time.

If this is the case for you, try doing stress-busting stuff like running, yoga, meditation etc.

( and BEER helps too..... icon_cool.gif)

Im not undergoing any stress right now, however ive heard that some people shed again when on propecia at the 7-9 month mark which is where i am at the moment. Ive also read that it may just be seasonal shedding (end of summer, begining of autumn). I don't know what it is, i just hope the shedding ends soon.

It could just be a natural shed in which quite a few more hairs than normal are falling out due to entering the telogen phase. Stick to your regimen and you should probably be fine.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog