Hair Transplant for Blacks

First of all this is a great site for anyone that's looking for answers for a hair transplantation. Just registered. I live in the L.A. area and I'm looking for a doctor that specializes in hair transplantation for blacks or people with very curly hair. I had a hair transplant done years ago and I'm not happy with the results. It was done with plugs and it's time to get it done again to soften the hairline and to fill in where the hair has thinned throughout the years. I look forward to your answers. I'm looking to have the procedure done. Bosley and M.H.R. keep calling me but I will like to get an independent opinion. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First of all this is a great site for anyone that's looking for answers for a hair transplantation. Just registered. I live in the L.A. area and I'm looking for a doctor that specializes in hair transplantation for blacks or people with very curly hair. I had a hair transplant done years ago and I'm not happy with the results. It was done with plugs and it's time to get it done again to soften the hairline and to fill in where the hair has thinned throughout the years. I look forward to your answers. I'm looking to have the procedure done. Bosley and M.H.R. keep calling me but I will like to get an independent opinion. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Daniel,

You've come to the right place to start your research.

Hair characteristics in African Americans are different than those of Caucasians, Asians, etc however, many surgeons have done successful and natural looking hair transplants in blacks.

You may want to consider consulting with a few of our Coalition surgeons who have perfected ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation, and determine if you are a candidate.

Best wishes,

Bill

Stay away from Bosley or MHR or any chain. Like Bill said check the coalition list a lot of good docs on this site. Dr. Feller just posted a procedure that he did a white male, but he had some serious curls though, and it looks great. Seriously travel if you have to. If your previous procedure is that bad Dr. Umar has been a hot topic here lately, and hes in California. Seriously though if you find a doc you like research research and travel travel. Good luck

You only live once...