said no sun for 3 months so i figured it was

not really a big deal,just hope thats the case. icon_rolleyes.gif

is an hour or so on the beach a big deal at 3.5

months post op.just wondering cause i layed out

for an hour and got some color.post op instructs

said no sun for 3 months so i figured it was

not really a big deal,just hope thats the case. icon_rolleyes.gif

You are right to be concerned, but I wouldn't worry about it. Here's why:

About 3 weeks post-op, whilst I was lazing poolside, my scalp got seriously cooked by the Florida sun. Days later when the flaking/peeling began, I thought it was "curtains" for the new transplants. My surgeon assured me otherwise. Sure enough, the little buggers arrived right on schedule and are growing like mad weeds.

Just to further sully my record, at about 7 weeks post-op my HT also survived a personal encounter with a partially-raised garage door. This occurred one fine evening while I was likely reviewing yesterday's sports scores in the recycle bin en route to the curb. The resultant impact was pretty severe. There was a little blood and a lot of pain, and as luck would have it the door edge caught me right at the hairline...the new one.... (Oh no!!!) But other than a moistened compress to stop the bleeding (and a new-found respect for the garage door)I took no further action. Perhaps I lost a few precious grafts on the way to the curb that evening. But if so it sure doesn't show in my scalp, though by all rights it should bear the word "Clopay" in reverse script...

All that to tell you that even though it is always wise to play it safe, IMHO the transplanted fu's seem mighty durable, even for certified klutzes such as myself.

I have to agree with Andy, after a 30 to 45 day healing period...they are pretty solid! I got to much sun on day 62 while cutting my 4 acres of grass. I also ran my hairline into a corner of a birdfeeder in my front yard at day 83. I too had a little bloodflow and a nice size scab from the impact. I still don't think I hurt anything but my pride!!! Be cafeful but confident in the healing powers of the human body!! Cheerio! Jebster icon_razz.gif