FU Misconceptions?

Hi Yawl

going in for my HT next month

everyone says to get good cover for my nw2-3 im getting 1500 fu now people said this would not be enough so i asked the surgery about this and theyre reply was that they keep the grafts in groups single fu twin fu three fu etc to keep them in there natural groups instead of spliting them up so according to them i would end up with say 2500 3000 hairs also they do this many to reduce the trauma to the area as i read in another forum its like a vegi patch you cant plant them too close together now i consider them to be reputable but i just thought i would throw this out there to see waht peoples ideas are

Cheers Andrew B

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

Hi Yawl

going in for my HT next month

everyone says to get good cover for my nw2-3 im getting 1500 fu now people said this would not be enough so i asked the surgery about this and theyre reply was that they keep the grafts in groups single fu twin fu three fu etc to keep them in there natural groups instead of spliting them up so according to them i would end up with say 2500 3000 hairs also they do this many to reduce the trauma to the area as i read in another forum its like a vegi patch you cant plant them too close together now i consider them to be reputable but i just thought i would throw this out there to see waht peoples ideas are

Cheers Andrew B

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

Yep,

While you will almost always want 1's for your hairline (your guaranteed to get a lot of 1's anyway) your better off from an illusion of density point of view to keep them in their natural groupings. It also means less incisions which mean less trauma, shockloss, etc.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

I have a lot of 2's and 3's on my hairline...

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by dhuge67:

dhuge are you saying that you have 2's and 3's on the very front of your hairline? or that you have some 2's and 3's behind some 1's on the hairline which would be normal.

Originally posted by JakeVig:

dhuge are you saying that you have 2's and 3's on the very front of your hairline? or that you have some 2's and 3's behind some 1's on the hairline which would be normal.

2's, 3's and 4's actually - in the very front, yes.

I'll be seeing Dr. Feller in a few days for a consultation.

I might post some pictures of this in a little bit. It doesn't look terrible, but it still doesn't seem quite right or as good as stuff that i've seen on here.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dhuge, I'm very surprised by that. Let us know what Dr. Feller says.

Generally speaking, fu's should not be split unless you just don't have enough 1's for the hairline area.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

It is usually only 1's in the hairline but I have to question why.

In a naturally growing head of hair there are 1's,2's,3's and 4's scattered all over the scalp, including the hairline.

So really, it is kinda natural for there to be some 2's and 4's in the hairline. Nature doesnt just put 1's into the front half inch of your hairline.

I would give it a chance dhuge. See what its like after a year before you go rushing off to another Doc. I think it wont be as bad as you think.

brianf,

I only believe that you should have 1's for the hair lines only because the top docs only put 1's on the hairline.

I'm only guessing but I think that it might have something to do with the HT density of 50cm2 as there will be more space between the grafts. I'd say 2's and 3's on the hairline with a non MPB head with a density of 80-100cm2 is not noticeable. Having said that I still have a native front tuff (i.e. not receeded) and i cant see anything other than 1's and 2's on the very front of my hairline.

Having said that dhuge I doubt it will be noticeable by anyone. You may only notice because you focused on it 5cm away from the mirror. There is no reason to start consulting other docs until you are at least 14 months post op.

Originally posted by JakeVig:

brianf,

I only believe that you should have 1's for the hair lines only because the top docs only put 1's on the hairline.

I'm only guessing but I think that it might have something to do with the HT density of 50cm2 as there will be more space between the grafts. I'd say 2's and 3's on the hairline with a non MPB head with a density of 80-100cm2 is not noticeable. Having said that I still have a native front tuff (i.e. not receeded) and i cant see anything other than 1's and 2's on the very front of my hairline.

Having said that dhuge I doubt it will be noticeable by anyone. You may only notice because you focused on it 5cm away from the mirror. There is no reason to start consulting other docs until you are at least 14 months post op.

I'm getting it looked at, just for another opinion and to see what he thinks about my future regarding HTs. It can't hurt to go for a free discussion...something I should have done more in the first place.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm getting it looked at, just for another opinion and to see what he thinks about my future regarding HTs. It can't hurt to go for a free discussion...something I should have done more in the first place.

That is true, you cant have too much advice! Let us know what he says.