-

tronxz28

tronxz28,

Four months of Propecia useage is a relatively short time. You are not yet seeing the benefits of the medication after that short amount of time. One year is the "standard" time frame that is generally accepted that is necessary to most accurately assess Propecia's efficacy. Hang in there, it takes some time.

As far as the minoxidil, the build-up you are referring to is normal and rather easily remedied. Nizoral 2% is available by prescription in the U.S. and can help break it down. If you are unable to get a prescription for the 2%, Nizoral AD is available OTC in most drug stores and its 1% concentration is usually just as effective. Try shampooing with that for 5 minutes at a time, 3 times a week.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Just remember that Propecia is mostly a "maintenance" drug in that it is primarily there to keep the hair that you have. Any regrowth is to be considered a great bonus.

Coupled with the minoxidil and the nizoral, however, you may just be pleasantly surprised. icon_smile.gif

Keep us updated.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog