looking to get a HT

Hi all.. been reading and trying to learn all I can from the forums.. Very informative.. I'm 31, started thinning in my early 20's and no left with very thin hair in the frontal hairline and top. I'm ready to get my HT done after many years of mixed emotions.

I just came back from my appointment at Bosley's, and was kinda kicked back at the costs. They recommended me to a 900graft session (frontal Hairline) at $8.75 per and said I might need another 900 if the density didnt fill in. If I was to get all 1800 up front in two sessions the cost would go down to $6.50 per.

My questions are... has anyone had any experinces with Bosley in San Francisco (Dr Buckler) and are the prices I'm being quoted a bit high? If you all had the chance to redo your HT who would you go see?

thanks in advance...

J

Hi all.. been reading and trying to learn all I can from the forums.. Very informative.. I'm 31, started thinning in my early 20's and no left with very thin hair in the frontal hairline and top. I'm ready to get my HT done after many years of mixed emotions.

I just came back from my appointment at Bosley's, and was kinda kicked back at the costs. They recommended me to a 900graft session (frontal Hairline) at $8.75 per and said I might need another 900 if the density didnt fill in. If I was to get all 1800 up front in two sessions the cost would go down to $6.50 per.

My questions are... has anyone had any experinces with Bosley in San Francisco (Dr Buckler) and are the prices I'm being quoted a bit high? If you all had the chance to redo your HT who would you go see?

thanks in advance...

J

There is enough material on this website alone to answer your questions and to convince you to not to go to a Bosley clinic. They tend to be unethical, too expensive and they do not use the latest techniques, in spite of their hype. While my experience was not terrible, many have had serious problems. Check out the recommended surgeons on this site or look at the newest organization of top surgeons, the IAHRS.

I agree, Do not rush. Reseach, research, research. It is very crutial in making your decision that your know everything from reputation to technique of the doctors your are considering. I also recommend that you speak directly to the doctor and be fully educated regarding every aspect of the procedure. Be sure to ask for before and after photos of his/her work, and the opportunity to speak with previous patients. Keep up the research. I fyou need any more help you can contact us at hairlimmer@aol.com.

/jal icon_eek.gif

Dr. Limmer