transplanting into hair, a case example...

Hello all. I found this link in another thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=143484

What is interesting to me about this, is that if you look at the top-down before photo, this guy already had a lot of hair in the midscalp and crown area. Then when you look at the top down AFTER photo, it is clear that there was a LOT of hair transplanted into these areas that already had a lot of hair. The results, of course, are through the roof in typical H&W fashion. Was this able to be pulled off primarily because of the head shaving? I know a patient should never assume "one and done", but it looks to me like this might be the real deal in that regard, because even when the remaining native hair goes the way of the dinosour, there will still be a lot of transplanted hair in the region to provide coverage. I know if the ring of thick hair (the NW6 pattern) pulls down, obviously there will be a need for more, but if it does not, it looks to me like this patient might be good for the haul, from the front all the way to the crown. I was just a little surprised at the extent of the transplant into native hair. Again, though, the results speak. I kind of have native hair like that in the rear midscalp/crown area, and I would like to just do one more and be done (except for minor FUE touchups if needed). All I care for as far as the crown goes is a dusting, just so it isn't slick shiny bald. If they can go into what's already there as appears was done in this case, that would be great, because then it could just thin into a dusting over time. Am I naive about this? Am I misinterpreting these phots?

Thanks - Stimpy

Hello all. I found this link in another thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=143484

What is interesting to me about this, is that if you look at the top-down before photo, this guy already had a lot of hair in the midscalp and crown area. Then when you look at the top down AFTER photo, it is clear that there was a LOT of hair transplanted into these areas that already had a lot of hair. The results, of course, are through the roof in typical H&W fashion. Was this able to be pulled off primarily because of the head shaving? I know a patient should never assume "one and done", but it looks to me like this might be the real deal in that regard, because even when the remaining native hair goes the way of the dinosour, there will still be a lot of transplanted hair in the region to provide coverage. I know if the ring of thick hair (the NW6 pattern) pulls down, obviously there will be a need for more, but if it does not, it looks to me like this patient might be good for the haul, from the front all the way to the crown. I was just a little surprised at the extent of the transplant into native hair. Again, though, the results speak. I kind of have native hair like that in the rear midscalp/crown area, and I would like to just do one more and be done (except for minor FUE touchups if needed). All I care for as far as the crown goes is a dusting, just so it isn't slick shiny bald. If they can go into what's already there as appears was done in this case, that would be great, because then it could just thin into a dusting over time. Am I naive about this? Am I misinterpreting these phots?

Thanks - Stimpy