Nizoral 2% question

I've seen Nizoral mentioned here as a good shampoo to use. My pharmacy only has the 1%, not the 2%Ketoconazole A, so I order the 2% on-line. Is there a big difference between the two, and also, it states using once every week, and it is for dandruff. Is this something that can be used everyday to thicken hair, and is there a big difference between 1% and 2%? Thanks.

I've seen Nizoral mentioned here as a good shampoo to use. My pharmacy only has the 1%, not the 2%Ketoconazole A, so I order the 2% on-line. Is there a big difference between the two, and also, it states using once every week, and it is for dandruff. Is this something that can be used everyday to thicken hair, and is there a big difference between 1% and 2%? Thanks.

Maddog,

Ketconazole has been said to be a "weak" DHT inhibitor. 2% is simply a stronger dosage.

Nizoral regular and Revita shampoo both contain 1% ketoconazole. Ketoconazole 2% contains, well, that should be obvious icon_smile.gif.

As far as exactly how much more effective one is than the other, I'm not sure. Truthfully, a shampoo that is put in and quickly washed out of your hair may not add too much benefit. But I guess every little bit counts especially when you are using it as an adjunct treatment to Propecia and Rogaine.

Note: I will soon be moving this to the "Shampoos, Sprays, and Conditioners" section of the forum.

All the best,

Bill