gettin hair tranplant, have some Questions

hey everyone , im 23 years old and getting my first hair transplant on june 15, i have a question i hope someone could answer, i shave my head with a razor three times a week and i was wondering if i could go to the surgery like that, or do i have to let my hair grow?, i hope i dont since i cant go in to class with some teachers with a cap on and most people dont know that im bald. thanx in advance everyone, take care.

hey everyone , im 23 years old and getting my first hair transplant on june 15, i have a question i hope someone could answer, i shave my head with a razor three times a week and i was wondering if i could go to the surgery like that, or do i have to let my hair grow?, i hope i dont since i cant go in to class with some teachers with a cap on and most people dont know that im bald. thanx in advance everyone, take care.

I think your hair is supposed to be about 1/2 inch, at least. I was shaving my head too, but had to let it grow for the procedure. However, I was able to wear a hat when necessary.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I had to let my hair grow for about a month before the HT, and I'm still wearing hats when I'm out in public, 2 month past my HT, I can't shave my head anymore. Are you planning to wear hats all summer?

Originally posted by actionradar:

Are you going for strip or fue.

If its strip you had better keep your hair long enough to hide the cut at the back.

Actionradar,

You're going to have to let your hair grow out a bit prior to the procedure so that the doctor can see your pattern of hair loss and to get a good assessment of your donor area. Has the doctor already seen your hair loss pattern and donor area? Who is your doctor?

GuitarPlayer

bro66-yes i do plan to wear caps all summer (as i have for the past two years since ive lost tons of hair) eventhough i shave my head.

guitar player and bennsstu- i already went for my consultation, and she already determined my hair loss pattern and my dondor area(imk getting 1800 bye the way), my doctor is Dr. Sharon Keene. so what do you guys think? can i keep shaving it or should i stop shaving it like one month before the hair transplant, i kinda thought they would shave it before taking the donor area away. thanx everyone in advance for your help

This hat thing is new to me, never wore hats, eventhough I shaved my head, and drive a convertable. I've been wearing hats everyday since my HT. I buzzed cut my head about a month ago just to see if I could wear it short, the scar was very noticable and still healing. I've purchased over 20 different hats.