Scar question Please help!

Hi I have had 2 procedures .....My first procedure left me with a fairly noticeable scar. The scar runs aprox 2 inches long and is localized next to my ear. That is the only place where the scar is even remotely detectable. I am even able to conceal my current scar as long as I do not cut my hair with anything less than a 6 blade.....I really would like to get a 3rd procedure of aprox 2000-2500 grafts but I do not want this scar to worsen. I do not see the point of having more hair on my head if I have a freakish scar showing all of the time. Does anybody know if I can get this third procedure performed without worsening this scar? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Hi I have had 2 procedures .....My first procedure left me with a fairly noticeable scar. The scar runs aprox 2 inches long and is localized next to my ear. That is the only place where the scar is even remotely detectable. I am even able to conceal my current scar as long as I do not cut my hair with anything less than a 6 blade.....I really would like to get a 3rd procedure of aprox 2000-2500 grafts but I do not want this scar to worsen. I do not see the point of having more hair on my head if I have a freakish scar showing all of the time. Does anybody know if I can get this third procedure performed without worsening this scar? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

One option may be without seeing any pictures or being able to tell how lax your skin is, you should be able to have the 2 inch section of your scar excised out. Depending on the laxity near your big scar, some fresh donor may be harvested as well. The other section along the old donor area should be able to produce remaining grafts needed. I'm sure you'd be able to talk this over with your doctor to come up with what's best for you.

bchap421, Janna's correct. I had the same situation as yours: I had two prior surgeries, two years apart and went to my third with extra scar tissue that the doctor ended up removing. He let me know at the time that it was taking a bit longer to remove the strip for that reason. The doctor and tech ended up using stainless steel staples to close the donor area which is also part of the "tricophytic closure technique".