Are these drugs the real thing?

Scotty B

Hi all,

I have recently purchased some 'generic' Propecia from an online pharmacy, it all looks genuine, and appears to be made by Merck, but is there any difference between this and the branded tablets? Also, a qwuick look on the Merck website shows that the tablets are supposed to be a hexagon shape or something, these are yellow and round with an 'm' stamped on them, is this right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Scotty B,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research Forums.

There has always been a lot of controversy surrounding generic drugs. My main issue with ordering them aren;t the manufacturers themselves (Cipla is a very reputable pharmeceutical giant), but the distributors that operate the websites. While I have not heard about Finasteride, specifically, being tampered with or faked, a quick google search will prove that customs in the U.S. and a host of other countries are finding fake drugs coming in all the time. There have been many threads devoted to this topic, the most recent one is here.

If you do a keyword search, I am sure that you will find more.

My question is, what is more expensive: paying a little more for a drug you know is real, or paying a little less for something you will always be unsure of?

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog