Pre HT haircut

What length should I cut down to on the sides and back before my HT next week?

I want to avoid the Bozo look as much as possible afterward since Dr Jones will need to buzz the top to perform the lateral slitting.

I was thinking maybe a #4 on the back to help cover stitches on the strip and a #3 on sides.

I'm afraid if I cut the back down to a #3 there won't be enough growth to lay over the scar by the time I return to work in two weeks.

Pretty silly thing to worry about in the grand scheme, but I won't be goin to the stylist for a trim while I'm sewn up like a football.

What length should I cut down to on the sides and back before my HT next week?

I want to avoid the Bozo look as much as possible afterward since Dr Jones will need to buzz the top to perform the lateral slitting.

I was thinking maybe a #4 on the back to help cover stitches on the strip and a #3 on sides.

I'm afraid if I cut the back down to a #3 there won't be enough growth to lay over the scar by the time I return to work in two weeks.

Pretty silly thing to worry about in the grand scheme, but I won't be goin to the stylist for a trim while I'm sewn up like a football.

I to had a HT with Dr Jones 8 weeks ago before the HT I had my Stylist use a #3 blade on his hair trimmer.The #3 blade was short enough for Dr Jones, he did not have to cut my hair. Also for the back of the head you could not see the stitches on the strip.I went back to Dr Jones 10 days after the HT to remove the stiches the lengh of my hair was long enough not to see the scar from the HT. After 8 weeks the scar is still red but not as noticeable as each week passes my head is starting to feel like it was prior to the HT.Good luck