PIC, Newbie Needs Advice!

Hello, attached is a photo of my hairloss pattern. I am 33 and have been looking into getting a HT for the past 5 years.

Several years ago, I consulted with 4 different docs. At the time (age 30) I was pretty serious about getting HTs, but the problem invariably came to be a combination of total cost AND the total number of surgeries involved. (time off from work, time for results, etc)

Having researched the procedure and looking at pictures of the doctor's results, I decided that about 3000 grafts was necessary to have a cosmetically significant result. However, 3000 grafts by the "standard of care" of 1999, would mean 3 or 4 surgeries (and that is if they all worked out and I didnt need corrective work).

Three of the physicians I met scared the heck out of me! One of them was using plugs and was doing the "wall of hair" thing by mixing in smaller grafts but going for overall density in the front. Two of the doctors suggested smaller sessions <600 grafts and seemed to be geared for the young guy wanting a "quick fix". (Thats also pretty scary if you think about it). The one doctor that I liked, turns out, is listed on this site and he recommended 3 or 4 sessions of 1200 grafts. While I like this doctor, I do not want to be a "work in progress" for the next 3 years and will definitely go with a doctor who is equipped to do larger sessions.

All of the doctors said I am a good candidate because I have a good amount of donor hair. The back has not been receding downward and the sides seem to be resisiting further thinning.

Within the past year, the thin "representation" of hair on top has been losing the battle. I really want to do a HT now and have one basic question:

Is one proceedure of 2500-3000 grafts going to bring me to a place where I have socially acceptable coverage? I dont mind if the hair is thin, I just dont want to be in a place where I need to go back for "touch up" work This would mean additional $$$ and also that I would be in a rough spot socially while I was waiting for an acceptable result.

I am prepared to spend 10-12K on a great 3000 fu procedure IF the results stand by themselves without requiring follow up work. Again, I dont mind thin coverage, I'm mostly concerned with the result being "finished".

Any advice appreciated.

BadHairDay.jpg.b1cbd6bb077f348f2ce29e7f8cf20564.jpg

Hello, attached is a photo of my hairloss pattern. I am 33 and have been looking into getting a HT for the past 5 years.

Several years ago, I consulted with 4 different docs. At the time (age 30) I was pretty serious about getting HTs, but the problem invariably came to be a combination of total cost AND the total number of surgeries involved. (time off from work, time for results, etc)

Having researched the procedure and looking at pictures of the doctor's results, I decided that about 3000 grafts was necessary to have a cosmetically significant result. However, 3000 grafts by the "standard of care" of 1999, would mean 3 or 4 surgeries (and that is if they all worked out and I didnt need corrective work).

Three of the physicians I met scared the heck out of me! One of them was using plugs and was doing the "wall of hair" thing by mixing in smaller grafts but going for overall density in the front. Two of the doctors suggested smaller sessions <600 grafts and seemed to be geared for the young guy wanting a "quick fix". (Thats also pretty scary if you think about it). The one doctor that I liked, turns out, is listed on this site and he recommended 3 or 4 sessions of 1200 grafts. While I like this doctor, I do not want to be a "work in progress" for the next 3 years and will definitely go with a doctor who is equipped to do larger sessions.

All of the doctors said I am a good candidate because I have a good amount of donor hair. The back has not been receding downward and the sides seem to be resisiting further thinning.

Within the past year, the thin "representation" of hair on top has been losing the battle. I really want to do a HT now and have one basic question:

Is one proceedure of 2500-3000 grafts going to bring me to a place where I have socially acceptable coverage? I dont mind if the hair is thin, I just dont want to be in a place where I need to go back for "touch up" work This would mean additional $$$ and also that I would be in a rough spot socially while I was waiting for an acceptable result.

I am prepared to spend 10-12K on a great 3000 fu procedure IF the results stand by themselves without requiring follow up work. Again, I dont mind thin coverage, I'm mostly concerned with the result being "finished".

Any advice appreciated.