Plastic Surgery Nightmares

Gorpy

E! entertainment channel on TV had a 2 hour show on bad plastic surgery experiences (horror stories). I missed the first 30 minutes, but the remainder of the show did not have any hair transplant patients. It mostly concentrated on surgeries like nose jobs, brow lifts, lip injections and liposuction.

What did I get out of it? The stories were very similar to bad hair transplant stories I have heard online. Patients would make the mistake of not doing proper research. Doctors can basically buy board certification and practice any kind of plastic surgery they want, regardless of skill or experience. There are many, many unethical doctors out there disfiguring people daily with a variety of procedures. How about a nose job that is done so badly that too much cartilage is removed and the nose collapes? Talk about not wanting to be seen in public.

Keep in mind,

just because someone is a doctor does not mean they are skilled or even ethical. A doctor who might be trained in liposuction for example can decide to set up a hair transplant clinic. It's perfectly legal and their are no rules, laws or governing board to prevent it or regulate it. They pay their money and they receive an impressive sounding board certification. He must be good right? How else could he have this fancy building and presentation?

One more very important thing. Many patients who have been disfigured and have sued the doctor have had the case settled out of court with a secrecy agreement stating that they can never publicly tell their story. Think about it and do your research.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

E! entertainment channel on TV had a 2 hour show on bad plastic surgery experiences (horror stories). I missed the first 30 minutes, but the remainder of the show did not have any hair transplant patients. It mostly concentrated on surgeries like nose jobs, brow lifts, lip injections and liposuction.

What did I get out of it? The stories were very similar to bad hair transplant stories I have heard online. Patients would make the mistake of not doing proper research. Doctors can basically buy board certification and practice any kind of plastic surgery they want, regardless of skill or experience. There are many, many unethical doctors out there disfiguring people daily with a variety of procedures. How about a nose job that is done so badly that too much cartilage is removed and the nose collapes? Talk about not wanting to be seen in public.

Keep in mind,

just because someone is a doctor does not mean they are skilled or even ethical. A doctor who might be trained in liposuction for example can decide to set up a hair transplant clinic. It's perfectly legal and their are no rules, laws or governing board to prevent it or regulate it. They pay their money and they receive an impressive sounding board certification. He must be good right? How else could he have this fancy building and presentation?

One more very important thing. Many patients who have been disfigured and have sued the doctor have had the case settled out of court with a secrecy agreement stating that they can never publicly tell their story. Think about it and do your research.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Great post, Gorpy. No matter what the procedure, it's important to talk to previous patients of the physician and research, research, research.

A quick google search will reveal other forums devoted to other cosmetic surgery procedures. I also made a space on these forums so people can discuss other procedures here.

Cosmetic Surgery Not Hair Loss Related

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I saw this show as well. Just goes to show you how many unethical and incompetent doctors are out there, and how important it is to do your research. One girl's nipple turned black and fell off after numerous botched breast jobs by the same criminal doctor. As Gorpy pointed out, one girl's nose collapsed after a few bad rhinoplasties. Another girl who had a browlift and an upper eyelid lift, looked like she had seen a ghost after her doctor had gotten through with her. She said she wouldn't even leave the house to go buy groceries. These doctors that do this to people seem to have no conscience about it either. Most of them probably meet criteria for being a sociopath.

Guitarplayer i couldnt agree more.I always tell people make sure you do alot of homework before making a decesion togo ahead with a HT.Make sure you meet past patients that have had it done.Try and get phone numbers if possible and call patients too.Get on this website here and ask people like me and your for advice too.It took me 2 years before i went through with my surgeon.Now 2 years later im over the moon with results.Im just about to write a new thread on here now about educating newbie sufferes please take alook at it.

Damo

These doctors that do this to people seem to have no conscience about it either. Most of them probably meet criteria for being a sociopath.

I think you are correct GuitarPlayer. They probably go home to their families and feel like they are good husbands/parents and valuable members of society.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album